Modes dont change at first pull of clutch lever

een705

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
On my R1200gs lc 2013 enduro the modes don't always change at first pull of the clutch lever has anyone else had this problem Im hoping its just the microswitch on the clutch

Likely to be the microswitch or the connector on the clutch lever - I had the same issue on my 2016 bike. It also meant that the cruise control didn't disengage with a touch of the clutch. I pushed the connector back firmly into place and that sorted it.

Im holding it in long enough for sure and sometimes it won't change. It used to be fairly quick and im doing the same thing. I can hear it click when it is nearly fully depressed and also when its around 10mm in so i'm sure the clutch lever is fine

Im holding it in long enough for sure and sometimes it won't change. It used to be fairly quick and im doing the same thing. I can hear it click when it is nearly fully depressed and also when its around 10mm in so i'm sure the clutch lever is fine
You should hear a click just after you depress the clutch as there are two micro switches. If not then a switch adjustment is needed.

Yes im sure it does click and another click near the bottom. Do you think I should order the switch?

Thats what I thought and having read the manual it does say press clutch in and throttle off. I now need to check resistance or replace microswitch

No need to close the throttle on my 2018 bike, just select using the mode button, pull and release the clutch lever, job’s a good ‘un.

I suspect if you're pulling your clutch lever in you might also be closing the throttle ;)

It doesn't mention clutch in the 2018 manual, just closing the throttle if you're moving.

Back
Top Bottom