Worcester BMW servicing

GSimmo

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have, recently, moved to Worcester and it looks like the old (2008) 1200GS is in need of some TLC; clutch slave reservoir appears to be causing some misting, so I am looking for a local BMW mechanic - preferable an 'independent' - to do some investigative/repair work for me.

I know BMW Motorrad has a place down in Cheltenham - if I have to resort to them - but wondered if the forum knows of anyone a bit more local.

Thanks

Mark

If you have to go to BMW make sure you join their scheme for older bikes as it makes a bike difference to the hourly rate.

If I can find a link on mobile I’ll add it here

would be great if you could post a few pictures of the issue. thanks v much

I will never go to Costwold again since they damaged my bike and didn't fix it properly :( Blade Motorrad has just closed down unfortunately, but the two really good mechanics from there now work at Grinnall/Midwest Moto in Stourport. They are in the process of ramping up to do 5 days a week servicing for BMW's and their dealership/showroom is very friendly, plus they are cheaper than BMW. Glad it all worked out like that as I was wondering where I was going to go for servicing from now on ! Go and see Mark or Lewis, both excellent.

https://www.indianmidwestmoto.co.uk/

Not really local but only about an hour from you is Stroud motorcycle company. They specialize in Bmw's.

Not really local but only about an hour from you is Stroud motorcycle company. They specialize in Bmw's.

I can second them - Mike was off for a bit earlier this year but he’s back a few days a week now and really knows the bikes well. Had my FD bearings replaced by him and he sorted a couple of other niggles whilst he was at it.

Be advised

Servicing is a massive lottery, I had a bill for £2.5k after a supposed ex BMW trained Mechanic who has his own business shagged my 1200GS motor big style, suspected running the motor with no oi in it!!!!!!!
The guy who saved my bacon was Mike Overy (Mikeyboy) he diagnosed that the counterbalance shaft had been replaced wrongly and the mains & big ends bearing were shot. Suffice to say this is the only guy I would trust with any of our BM's Its a trek to his place Nr Melton Mowbray, but IMHO well worth the inconvenience.

He is on this Forum and is a trusted and honest trader.

You pays ya money and takes ya choice!:rob

I would also recommend Mikeyboy, he's over by Melton Mowbrey so not too far for you.

When I had a Honda Blackbird, I used to ride it the 2.5 hours from Atherstone to Thetford to get it serviced by John at Jaws Motorcycles.

I would rather travel and get my pride and joy serviced by someone who knows what they are doing rather than visiting someone local and conveniant.

Back
Top Bottom