Help no dipped beam 2003 twin spark 1150gs

visitor***

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
No dipped beam 2003 twin spark 1150gs. Full beam ok and instrument cluster lights ok. Question, does full beam go off when dipped beam is on? When flashing full beam does same apply, would expect both come on in this situation. I would welcome any wiring diagram including colours of wires going to and from this switch. Dipped beam is on all time l believe.

Why not try the simple things first..... Bulb has blown ?

No dip beam with intact inst lights and functionality of main beam preserved

Thanks again for your reply, bulb and fuse8 ok, now for the odd bit (to me) grafted a link wire from blue/ green feed at main harness near headstock straight to low beam connection at the light. Hey presto dip beam works as it should! But main beam warning light on constantly and main beam will not work 🤔. Going to probe wires from low beam. Does any one know where the low beam feed goes to after the bulb? I figured it went into the main harness? Thanks again, wiring diagram link would be great for late 2002 twin spark abs with servo 1150gs

These kind of problems are often down to corrosion in harness connector blocks or a bad earth connection somewhere.

Thanks again for your reply, bulb and fuse8 ok, now for the odd bit (to me) grafted a link wire from blue/ green feed at main harness near headstock straight to low beam connection at the light. Hey presto dip beam works as it should! But main beam warning light on constantly and main beam will not work ��. Going to probe wires from low beam. Does any one know where the low beam feed goes to after the bulb? I figured it went into the main harness? Thanks again, wiring diagram link would be great for late 2002 twin spark abs with servo 1150gs

Check the connector on low beam plastic cap, as well

Hi Steptoe, you were right! I had wrongly assumed the dip beam was the smallest headlight (god knows why) so of course no feed with ignition on. I have made a mountain out of a molehill. I have to remember simple first��

Hi Steptoe, you were right! I had wrongly assumed the dip beam was the smallest headlight (god knows why) so of course no feed with ignition on. I have made a mountain out of a molehill. I have to remember simple first��

Takes balls to publicly admit a mistake. Glad you got it sorted.:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom