Rev Limit Removal for S1000rr

Burger Van

Reaction score
I understand that the Rev limit is removed on first service. Can anybody tell me why someone would want to have it done by someone other than a dealer ?

Possible by people that don't take bikes to dealers?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Maybe give some insight into why you are asking?

If a GS911 removes it - there is nothing stopping anyone with access to one.

Should they? I wouldnt advise it, unless it was after I had the first service (carried out at a non-franchised dealer) - in case there was ever a pushback from BMW on it being removed ahead of schedule.

Just get the first service done at BMW....

I have a GS-911WIFI and I have been asked to remove Rev limits. I would just get the dealer to do it on first service - which is often free, so why not ? That’s my question ?

Well that’s helpful -

Ok here’s a theory or two :-

I nick a s1000rr - band new, and need the Rev limiter off - can’t take it to the dealer so I get someone to do it with a GS-911

Option 2

I get an s1000rr on a pcp deal and use it as a track bike - I don’t want to take it to the dealer as it may invalidate my terms

If anyone has any sensible suggestions as to why a person would not want to have the Rev limit removed at the time of first service but rather use a third party, then please feel free to leave a reply

Ps - don’t like dealers desktop really count, if you didn’t like em that much, why buy a new bike from them in the first place

If anyone has any sensible suggestions as to why a person would not want to have the Rev limit removed at the time of first service but rather use a third party, then please feel free to leave a reply

because the person has nicked the bike..........do I win a prize

Back
Top Bottom