1250 Video

Have they moved away from Brembo calipers on the new 1250?

No centre stand on it either?

No pillion footpegs, no pillion grab rails?

BWM new way of selling the bike, piece by piece.

Or by keeping the 'standard' brochure weight down.

Maybe its a lot heavier once you've bolted all the bits back on?

Pillion seat looks like a strap of leather as well...

So raise RRP an extra £500

Make it faster and heavier then take off Brembo Calipers, and any means of carrying a pillion, then remove centre stand.

Voila for Beta Testing

Being as though their colour scheme is a direct copy of the Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sport... white frame, red white blue graphics, gold wheels.

And they've switched to spoke wheels for the GS.... So it appears they are gearing it up for off-road.

I wonder if they'll make the GSA a more road bias bike and put an alloy wheel option on the GSA.

Either way, the BMW Off Road School next year should be a hoot once this new bike fleet lands... :D

Being as though their colour scheme is a direct copy of the Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sport... white frame, red white blue graphics, gold wheels.

And they've switched to spoke wheels for the GS.... So it appears they are gearing it up for off-road.

I wonder if they'll make the GSA a more road bias bike and put an alloy wheel option on the GSA.
I believe spoked wheels have always been an option on the GS, and standard on the GS Rallye.

I think it is unlikely that the GSA will be aimed more at on-road use than the GS, and if anything it is the GSA with its taller suspension which is the more off-road oriented. Even the Rallye version of the GS only has the taller suspension as an optional extra (the Sport option).

.... yeah, more tyre wear, more final drive wear, more clutch wear.

In the real world, out riding with your mates, it wont be any faster than a 1200 GSA.

Your cornering speed brain won't change, the weight won't change, tyre grip won't change, you're riding ability wont change, nothing will change....

But you'll be paying for it anyway :D

Hmm , corner speed can change with right choice of tyres , more power more speed , exploit more the capability of a great handling bike with more usable torque , always a winner in book .
140 fast enough on any adventure bike . Any faster you need a sportsbike .

I think I will violate my own rules not to buy anything first year and will have a new 1250 come spring !
143 NM are just too tempting...More TORQUE than a K1300S which was a hugely torquey engine with roll-on faster than a Hayabusa,,,
With the short gearing of the 1200 the 1250 will ACCELERATE and be a lot of fun...:thumby:
Only 136 hp will mean only 140 mph top-speed but who really cares as the GS platform won't be stable enough for more speed anyways especially with bags on that 99% of the riders use all time myself included.
Triple-black like in the video,sports-suspension and black wire wheels as lighter cast ones bend too easy hitting a pothole.
Or maybe black with gold wheels like the John Player Special Lotus from the 70's & 80's...:thumb
Good times :thumby:
Hey BMW we really want 17 inch cast wheels to make it perfect...:D

He knows what he is doing, he has been in the automotive world since his apprenticeship 60 years ago - he was the technical manager for the Ford Rally team for years in the 70s and early 80s - there’s not much he doesn’t know about engines and automotive stuff.

Apart from how to lube a chain ;)

I still find it hard to believe ANYONE is happy about a chain drive, Scott oilers (had several) are another distraction that I don’t need or want.

Back to the 1250, one reason for getting the 1200 GSA was the 30 litre fuel tank, centre stand is a nice to have but certainly not a deal breaker, if the GS comes out first that suits me as they might fix most of the problems before the GSA is launched.

I can wait, will have to, but looking forward to testing one when the 30,000 mile service is due, which could be tricky as I’ve never done that many miles on the same bike.

I still find it hard to believe ANYONE is happy about a chain drive, Scott oilers (had several) are another distraction that I don’t need or want.

When dressed in orange you have no choice such a pity..........:hippy

When dressed in orange you have no choice such a pity..........:hippy

I’ve had an off road KTM 400EXC, great for green laning, I tried the Super adventure, just didn’t do it for me, shame as the local dealer is half the distance of the nearest BMW dealer.

I cannot understand why Ducati and KTM don’t have a shaft, surely they would make inroads into the GS dominance with it.

Back
Top Bottom