Isnt it nice?

Pauly S

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Isnt it nice,when you get a car or bike back from a main dealership and everything is pukka. Long story told short...I took my 64 plate toyota Auris hybrid in for its service as weve a service plan on it, and they supposedly changed the brake fluid and serviced it.Did they feck, both front caliper nipple rubber covers were stuck on the nipples and dryasabone ,cracked and rotten, the rears were caked in mud untouched.So a big row later, and they inisisted they would bleed it again. what a pita, back and forth to the garage several times.lying bar stewards.Toyota main dealer too.

On the other hand, ive just been to Coopers at Tunbridge Wells for a new engine front cover on my 2012 1200 GSA hex, and a looky as to why the bike was sluggish to start.It would turn over but super slowly.Henry the new fella on service was a dream to deal with,as are the rest of the guys to be fair.
They loaned me a brand new 650 GT scooter, twist and giggle they called it! Now i know why, if youve not tried one, do it.
They diagnosed a buggered starter, so a new starter and front cover was duly fitted. It starts lovely now.Ive just had a look over it.LO, behold a smidge of brake fluid inside the nipple covers as you would expect! The brakes a like a fecking razor now.They were good before,but even better now.A proper job done, no bullshit ,no leaks, and the bill for the service was quite painless too.:thumb2

Its just so nice to receive first class workmanship, done properly and correctly, and painless to the wallet.Thanks guys! :bounce1

Nice to hear something positive for once, they're not all cowboys.

My experience of Coopers is somewhat different.......bought my 2012 1200r from there in January, found in the first month of ownership that exhaust flappy valve was buggered, crankcase/ gearbox seals leaking and deep tear in rear tyre with a big chip of flint sticking in it. Maybe all these things went wrong on the 130 mile ride from Tunbridge wells?

Anyway apart from the tire it was all fixed under the BMW 2nd hand bike warranty by my local dealers who turned the bike round in 48 hours (Dick Lovetts)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My experience of Coopers is somewhat different.......bought my 2012 1200r from there in January, found in the first month of ownership that exhaust flappy valve was buggered, crankcase/ gearbox seals leaking and deep tear in rear tyre with a big chip of flint sticking in it. Maybe all these things went wrong on the 130 mile ride from Tunbridge wells?

Anyway apart from the tire it was all fixed under the BMW 2nd hand bike warranty by my local dealers who turned the bike round in 48 hours (Dick Lovetts)

Well i guess it was a secondhand machine, which they probably took in px and decided to sell on as dealers do.You may find the previous owner traded it in knowing these faults as people do.Thats why i bought mine with 2 years used bike warranty.The important thing is that it was all fixed under warranty, thats what its for.I cant see a dealer selling you a bike and mugging you off, thats not good for their reputation.
A pal of mine has a bandit 1200 which was under warranty, 12 months old and 4k on the clocks.One fork seal was leaking, he refered to Bates in Dartford and they claimed it was wear and tear.! My boy had a 6 month old yamaha 900 tracer with 6k on it, under warranty, the clutch was a bastard when it hot and wouldnt disengage, yamaha uk dont warranty clutches at all.I gave them both barrels, and they still wouldnt back down.we will never buy a new bike from Yamaha again..I ended up replacing the full clutch with an ebc unit.
After my experience today, i'd happily buy another BMW bike.In fact this bike was bought from cannons, but coopers happily took on the warranty work.All good my end.

I agree with you about the BMW warranty service, it was bloody good. I’m enjoying the bike, my first proper modern big bike.

Coopers priced the bike well and agreed to take £500 of the asking without a quibble.....

Back
Top Bottom