Coolcovers.co.uk

Wow.. somethings up somewhere, the material cost must be next to zero

I all up for helping British businesses alike but, having seen what you can actually buy (24m roll of the stuff for £125 on eBay) one makes a small fortune, considering that just from 1m 3-4 covers can be made for our trusted steeds at a hefty price of £65 plus £4 postage. The remaining 23m of the roll is profit. Yes, taxes, rates wages to be paid etc. Still got to be 50-70% profit after all that been deducted.
I was just a click away from buying a cover this morning. Then spoke to John the owner, was not keen on a conversation I had with him so was left in two minds. Now some Mr. Wong will be getting my £4.49 so that he could buy a sheet or two of tin roof for his shack....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every business needs to make a net profit, I have no problem with that, but with those mark ups its just taking the p*ss. I was about to buy until I read this tread.

I was in business for 43 years until I retired, and always tried to give value for money. This John is clearly not interested in giving value for money. Why not sell for half that, and sell 4 times the amount at least. The internet is a wonderful medium for selling good products at the right price, but it is also medium for getting a bad reputation fast, John you have been rumbled.

Every business needs to make a net profit, I have no problem with that, but with those mark ups its just taking the p*ss. I was about to buy until I read this tread.

I was in business for 43 years until I retired, and always tried to give value for money. This John is clearly not interested in giving value for money. Why not sell for half that, and sell 4 times the amount at least. The internet is a wonderful medium for selling good products at the right price, but it is also medium for getting a bad reputation fast, John you have been rumbled.

Totally Agree! I am a business man myself and I’m and err over 5-10% mark up on materials. Let alone 1300% compared too XXL sized cover delivered to your door from China land for under a £5

Huge markup from Cool Covers.

This one looks like it would fit https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Who...d2d2-473a-9d0e-0466e0bbe1a0&priceBeautifyAB=0

This one is a little more but made for the GS https://www.aliexpress.com/item/For...d2d2-473a-9d0e-0466e0bbe1a0&priceBeautifyAB=0

HTB1MtpLJQOWBuNjSsppq6xPgpXaB.jpg

Ordered the second one in the link, 19 dollars with a 4 dollar coupon, if it is crap, sell it for 50 quid to EVskij...........:D

I’ll take it mate.....

Oh well, when unsure just follow the crowd.
Ordered and awaited, probably come after the Indian Summer that's due in a fortnight.
:augie

haha, actually he is a pretty good presenter. I wish I had his presenting skills, takes a lot to be that comfortable in front of a camera/audience.

I don’t think he is comfortable..... if he was, there would be fewer fumbling bits.....

I don’t think he is comfortable..... if he was, there would be fewer fumbling bits.....

So do I

Million times better than me, I hate public speaking but sometimes it's part of my job...the part I hate the most lol

Back
Top Bottom