Coolcovers.co.uk

I purchased from Cool Covers as I support the Uk supplier , I spent 17000 g on a bike so for me saving a few quid is not the point , I don't support the cheap imports , reap what you sow...

I doubt that cool-covers are really any different to the product direct from China.
I am all up for supporting British businesses, providing their asking price for the product warrants the price.

Yes every business has overheads to pay and so on. But I can’t see this being a massive enterprise that can not be run from a usual household double garage and a garden shed full of stock materials, providing these things are actually made in Britain. Who knows if Cool-covers isn’t a single operative middle man enterprise, who buys it cheap, stacks it high and sells it a whopper of a profit. Nevertheless, there is s massive difference between £70 for a riders cover only, plus £4.95 delivery and an all inclusive two piece (rider and pillion) cover from China, for less than £17 delivered in about 7-10 working days directly to your door!

I am a small business, producing bespoke fitted and freestanding living space furniture and if a customer wants a product I offer and willing to pay for a properly bespoke item, that will involve sourcing materials made to measure and installed by me, then that’s cool. However, if they think they can get same service, attention to detail, finished product delivery and installation from a big box warehouse type places for a ¼ of my price then I won’t get upset over it. I may have to rethink my strategy and reduce prices, but that will not happen because product like mine can not be bought from a big box warehouse, it might be commissioned to somebody else, but yet again it won’t be same.

Cool-covers product and that bought from China, are identical in appearance and functionality. The difference that there is.... cool-covers have their little tab with company logo embossed on it attached to the cover. That’s all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I doubt that cool-covers are really any different to the product direct from China.
I am all up for supporting British businesses, providing their asking price for the product warrants the price.

Yes every business has overheads to pay and so on. But I can’t see this being a massive enterprise that can not be run from a usual household double garage and a garden shed full of stock materials, providing these things are actually made in Britain. Who knows if Cool-covers isn’t a single operative middle man enterprise, who buys it cheap, stacks it high and sells it a whopper of a profit. Nevertheless, there is s massive difference between £70 for a riders cover only, plus £4.95 delivery and an all inclusive two piece (rider and pillion) cover from China, for less than £17 delivered in about 7-10 working days directly to your door!

I am a small business, producing bespoke fitted and freestanding living space furniture and if a customer wants a product I offer and willing to pay for a properly bespoke item, that will involve sourcing materials made to measure and installed by me, then that’s cool. However, if they think they can get same service, attention to detail, finished product delivery and installation from a big box warehouse type places for a ¼ of my price then I won’t get upset over it. I may have to rethink my strategy and reduce prices, but that will not happen because product like mine can not be bought from a big box warehouse, it might be commissioned to somebody else, but yet again it won’t be same.

Cool-covers product and that bought from China, are identical in appearance and functionality. The difference that there is.... cool-covers have their little tab with company logo embossed on it attached to the cover. That’s all.

Not quite true the cool covers fit without having to tuck the excess in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not quite true the cool covers fit without having to tuck the excess in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What excess? I did not have any as I purchased covers made for the GS not just any old cover that might fit...

Mine arrived earlier this week from AliExpress, no excess and a decent fit with no sagging.
I'm not sold on the looks but so far so good.

Jesus , you are so foking tight , wait 3 weeks to get it to save what.. if I would pay (as I said ) 17k plus for a bike and you worry about 50 quid , I bet you go to the loo as your mates go to the bar lol

Its not about being tight. its about paying a fair price. At £70 cool covers can kiss my ass. At £35 i am interested. At £17 for the same product its a deal.

No one has an endless amount of cash although there are some very rich people on this forum. The "cake" is only so big and it means i can do other things with the money saved.

Although i do support local businesses where i can. (pro hilltop for example) i purchase local products and services if the price is reasonable and I am willing to pay a 20% premium over online prices etc. However £70 for bit of material.......

Now if they were kylie minogues used sweaty underpants. i would pay £200:D

Last edited:
Its not about being tight. its about paying a fair price. At £70 cool covers can kiss my ass. At £35 i am interested. At £17 for the same product its a deal.

No one has an endless amount of cash although there are some very rich people on this forum. The "cake" is only so big and it means i can do other things with the money saved.

Although i do support local businesses where i can. (pro hilltop for example) i purchase local products and services if the price is reasonable and I am willing to pay a 20% premium over online prices etc. However £70 for bit of material.......

Now if they were kylie minogues used sweaty underpants. i would pay £200:D

But I would rather have a job in the uk rather than wherever ,but now you mention Kylie , I may be swayed …….oh those gold pants
Ps . im not loaded but I try to make a choice to spend the money as I have over the past done cheap , replaced ( x whatever) and thought shit …

Its not about being tight. its about paying a fair price. At £70 cool covers can kiss my ass.

Isn’t that their design function ?

Some enterprising chap needs to do a Tosser Sensitive Asshole Kit combining this ridiculous cool cover for the summer and a dead sheep for the winter .

Isn’t that their design function ?

Some enterprising chap needs to do a Tosser Sensitive Asshole Kit combining this ridiculous cool cover for the summer and a dead sheep for the winter .

No its a fact , its like an Islandic liking my ass

:D

I'm even tighter and only paid £3.65 and think it looks better than the purpose made Aliexpress ones at £20 (which i also bought). I'd post a picture of the 3.65 one but don't think I can because I haven't subscribed :)
Then with all the money I'll save using the same philosophy in 3 years time I'll be able to afford to upgrade my 1250gs to the new 1300gs :) .

I agree with others of not buying cheap Chinese rubbish to a point (tools particularly -poor quality steel etc.) but if the Chinese "rubbish" is just as good as a product that is claimed to be made in the UK why pay over the odds for the same thing; and this I feel is the case with the mesh seat covers. There's no added value as far as I can see in the home marketed ones.

(damn --- had to subscribe so I could post a picture of seat ) --see next post

picture of cover fitted

Attachments

• Copy of IMG_20190312_113001.jpg
    Copy of IMG_20190312_113001.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 273
I have a set for GS LC for sale in the bike related for sale section.

picture of cover fitted

Just to clarify, this is a picture of the Ebay £3.65 mesh cover fitted to my 1250gs rider seat, (as mentioned in my previous post), it's not the coolcovers one .

Attachments

• Copy of IMG_20190312_113001.jpg
    Copy of IMG_20190312_113001.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 209

Back
Top Bottom