Up and Back risers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted account 191119001

Reaction score
Got my risers from this parish, cheers for that, decided to get them after trying my friends set on my bike, because I was getting a numb right hand, and I put it down to to much pressure pushing down on the right hand wrist, as left hand had no problems, well after installing and going for a little ride this morning, no numb hand as I expected and so much more comfortable sitting position, and I am 6ft 2, so just thought would post a few pictures of install and clearances, and the gap is normal, it is shown this way in the instructions, just a note on the bolts, the original bolts sheared, to soft, I emailed Wunderlich who sent me the new upgraded bolts, so if you get the chinese knock offs beware of the bolts, new ones are 10.6 and 8.8 grade.

That is how the BMW clamps are fitted, no gap on forward side.

REPROM:
Make sure that there is no gap between the clamping blocks on the side where the large screws are located.
If necessary, slacken screws (3) and retighten screws (2) to the specified tightening torque.
Tighten small screws (3).

I recently fitted a set and it has also cured the pins and needles in hands.

Much more relaxed riding position :thumb2

Jon

I had issues with wunderlich bolts just too soft and stretch out without reaching torque, not just on the bar risers, which really do work,
Great product, weak fasteners.,,

I had issues with wunderlich bolts just too soft and stretch out without reaching torque, not just on the bar risers, which really do work,
Great product, weak fasteners.,,

Check my post and send an email to Wunderlich, they will send you the new HEX upgraded bolts, I had the same problem, when they arrived but from a member of this parish, the new bolts are perfect, sent you PM

Old stripped bolts below are Allen head, and feel soft as jelly new ones are same size Hex head as handlebar bolts and 10.6 and 8.8 steel.

I had these on all my GS’s, and wouldn’t have another without them now.

I've just fitted the e-bay £16 ones.. same end result and helped my seat, back issue also... But got to say, the quality and machining are 1st class. How do they make them this cheap and free post FFS

I've just fitted the e-bay £16 ones.. same end result and helped my seat, back issue also... But got to say, the quality and machining are 1st class. How do they make them this cheap and free post FFS ��

I would not doubt now that the 16 quid ones are no different from the Wunderlich............:D

TBH, they look exactly the same... Same factory made on the night shift maybe ?

I've just fitted the e-bay £16 ones.. same end result and helped my seat, back issue also... But got to say, the quality and machining are 1st class. How do they make them this cheap and free post FFS ��

Have you got a link, Beaver? Cheers
Al

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom