Drone reccomendations

ymfb

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’m thinking about buying a drone, nothing extreme in price or capability.

Should come in a carry case, hopefully small as it needs to be carried on the bike.

Never even looked at them before, so pleased to hear what’s good and bad.

The Mavic Pro will suit all your needs and with DJI bringing out two new models, there should be plenty of Mavics on the secondhand market. I´m sure there´s plenty of reviews and tutorials on You Tube that will steer you to one of those. Just be aware restrictions in the UK and other countries are getting tighter.

+1 for DJI mavic pro. I got one earlier this year and to say it’s pretty mind blowing is an understatement. Jessops are doing finance deals and interest free and if you go for the fly more combo then you get the bag and three batteries which will keep you airborne for an hour. If you really want to know then take a look at the grey arrows drone club forum. Uk drone site with as much info as you could want from really helpful people

Also before you fly, make sure you read up on all the mistakes people make. Trust me, eventually you will make one (we all do, including the professionals) that could turn out quite costly. ;)

https://mavicpilots.com

Just arrived in Antofagasta (CHILE) and thought about a little flying here off the coast. It´s 20+km to the airport so safe enough I thought, only to have half a dozen F16s flying low level just off the coast.:blast I´ll give it a miss and wait till a weekend when I´m up here next.

Just got myself a dji spark. Bought a used one from eBay with a couple of extras. Haven't had it out with me on the bike yet but it'll do everything I'm after.

I picked up a Mavic Pro just before Christmas. It's a pretty impressive piece of kit that can do everything the new or experienced drone pilot could want. If I'm honest, I'm still coming around to trusting the thing - my previous palm sized drone needed constant inputs, but the Mavic just floats in mid air until you tell it what to do. Quality of footage and still pics from the camera are top notch too.

With two new versions just released, there should be plenty of second hand ones coming up for sale. Go for the fly more combo - three batteries gives you around an hours flight time and it all comes with a decent carry case too. :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom