Christmas In Devon Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madmountainman

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've been a bit quiet here this year, but have approached a local pub to enquire about a Christmas get together.

The Kings Arms Otterton has 15 rooms, but I don't know how many are currently booked to date, and they have a Christmas Menu or Standard.
They have offered a special room rate, if I can fill a minimum of 5 rooms, of £20 off per room. So, £65 for a standard double and £85 for the others.
There are other B&B's a short drive away in East Budleigh, Budleigh Salterton and Newton Poppleford and there's also Ladram Bay Holiday Park nearby, but it's a bit of a trek from Otterton.

I only have two dates available, Sat 24th Nov or Sat 22 Dec, subject to room availability. I've asked the pub to let me know how many rooms they have available and, if they're mostly booked on those nights and there's enough interest, i'll look to organise it for next year, or I can organise a weekday.

I have pasted both menu's below as you can choose from one or the other, but you won't be able to mix dishes i.e. starter and pudding from the normal menu and a main from the xmas menu.

So, would anyone like me to get this up and running?

MENU
Food from our Main Menu is served between 12 to 2.30pm and 6pm to 9pm Monday to Saturday
& between 12 to 8pm on Sunday

Sunday Carvery
Served Sunday Midday till 8pm
Subject to availabilty
Selection of locally sourced Devon meats Supplied by Greendale Farm shop taste of the west gold award winning butchers

Vegetarian alternative, available.
Adult £11.95 Child £7.50
Starters
Homemade Soup of the Day Served with warm white or brown bread. (GF*V) £5.50
West Country Crab Fishcakes with Sweet Chilli Mayonnaise Dip & Dressed Mixed Leaf £7.95
West Country Pate Served with Picalilli and Toast £6.95
Roast Tomato & Smoked Cheese Tart Served with Dressed Mixed Leaf & Garlic Mayonnaise (GF,V) £6.95
Falafel served with a trio of dips Tzatziki, Hummus and Sweet Chilli (V, VE) £6.50

Platters
Available as a starter to share or a main for one
Fish Platter – Salt and Pepper Squid, Whitebait, Crab Cake & Coldwater Prawns, Served with aioli, tartar & sweet chilli mayonnaise dip, ciabatta & dressed mixed leaf £15.95
Mixed Platter – Cheddar, Brie & Honey Roast Ham, served with pickles, celery, apple, apple & cider chutney ciabatta and a dressed mixed leaf (GF*) £14.95
Mediterranean Platter – Hummus, Tzatziki, Salami, Chorizo & Mozzarella served with mixed olives, balsamic and olive oil with ciabatta and mixed dressed leaf. £14.95
Swap the salami & chorizo for Falafel for a vegan dish (GF*V)

V = Vegetarian GF = Gluten Free
GF* = Please advise gluten free so we can adjust if needed
VE*= please advise vegan so we can adjust if needed
Please inform a member of the team if you have any dietary requirements or Allergies, Gluten Free Available

MAINS
Chefs Pie of the Day encased in short crust pastry served with garden peas and a choice of chunky chips or creamed potatoes with a rich gravy £12.50
Pan Fried Chicken Breast served with seasonal vegetables and creamed potato
& a creamy white wine & tarragon sauce (GF*) £11.95
6oz Greendale Beef Burger served in a floured bun with relish, with Chunky Chips,
mixed leaf and coleslaw £11.95
Add cheddar, bacon or blue cheese for £1.00 add an extra burger for £2.50
8oz Greendale Sirloin Steak cooked to you liking and served with chunky chips, beer bettered onion rings, grilled tomato and oven roasted flat cap mushroom (GF*) £19.50
Add peppercorn or blue cheese sauce for £2.00
8oz Greendale Gammon Steak served with egg or pineapple chunky chips grilled tomato and garden peas (GF*) £11.95
Fish Pie a mixture of Fish in a creamy sauce topped with creamed potatoes
and served with seasonal vegetables £10.95
Traditional Beer Battered Fish served with chunky chips garden peas & tartar sauce (GF*) £11.95
Roast Salmon served with oven roasted Mediterranean vegetables, sauté new potatoes
& a watercress sauce (GF*) £12.50
Moroccan Spiced Quinoa served with oven roasted Mediterranean vegetables with Moroccan Tomato sauce dressed mixed leaf & ciabatta (GF*V ve) £10.95
Halloumi Dippers Halloumi coated in crispy crumb, served with garden peas chunky chips
& sweet chilli mayonnaise (v) £10.95
Butternut Squash, Goats Cheese & Beetroot Burger served in a floured bun with hummus
and Chunky Chips, dressed mixed leaf (GF*V) £11.95
Sides
All £2.95
Chunky Chips (Add cheese 75p) (gf*V ve) Garlic Ciabatta (Add cheese 75p) (v) Mixed Breads with Olive Oil & Balsamic (V ve) Marinated Olives & Feta (v) Dressed mixed salad (V VE GF*) Beer Battered Onion Rings (V VE GF*)

Quality – Traceability - Freshness
The Kings Arms Otterton is part of the Greendale Leisure Group who also own Greendale Farm Shop,
Because, of this we are fortunate enough to source our Meat & Fish from here. Greendale Farm has been raising its own Cattle,
Pigs & Sheep for Generations & over the Years, has developed a passion for rearing the Finest animals in order to produce the Best Quality Local Meat.
The animals are bred on Greendale Land & graze in Fields of Lush & Juicy Devon grass overlooking The Jurassic Coast. They are fed on a
Home Grown Diet to Assure Every, Customer the Best Quality. All Our Burgers & Sausages Are Made At The Farm Shop.
Over the years, Greendale Farm has acquired Its own Fishing Boats who land their catch at Exmouth, just a few miles from The Kings arms. We are Extremely Proud to serve fish that has been caught the same day – You cannot beat the freshness.
When We Say Fresh, We Mean It!
Visit The Farm Shop, It’s Situated On The A3052, Sidmouth To Exeter Road at Farringdon.
Where You Will Find a Great Selection Of Home Reared Meat And Fresh Fish From their own Boats, Fresh Fruit & Vegetables & Lots Of Other Local Produce

Please inform a member of the team if you have any dietary requirements or Allergies, Gluten Free Available

THE KINGS ARMS - OTTERTON
Christmas Party Menu

To Start

Curried Parsnip Soup (GF*)
Parsnip Bhajis & served with Rustic Bread
Smoked Mackerel (GF*)
Rhubarb and a Cream & Horseradish Dressing
Blackberry Beetroot & Feta Cheese Salad (GF*)
Poppy Seed Croutons & Blackberry Dressing
Dorset Country Pate
Picalilli & Melba Toast

Main Event

Traditional Roast Turkey (GF*)
Crispy Roast Potatoes, Honeyed Roast Parsnips, Cranberry Stuffing
Seasonal Vegetables & Turkey Gravy

Grilled Fillet of Salmon (GF*v)
Mussel, Cream and Herb Sauce, Seasonal Vegetables
& Buttered Herbed New Potatoes

Slow Roasted Belly Pork (GF*)
Apple Sauce, Apple Crisps, Creamed Potatoes
Seasonal Vegetables & Apple & Cider Sauce

Mushroom & Brandy Parcel (V)
Seasonal Vegetables & Buttered Herbed New Potatoes

To Finish

Traditional Christmas Pudding
Brandy Sauce
White Chocolate Cheesecake
Cranberry & Spiced Orange Compote & Spiced Chantilly Cream
Toffee Apple (GF*)
Layered spiced apple compote, butterscotch sauce,
Toffee Apple Slices & Butterscotch Ice Cream
Westcountry Cheeseboard
Cheddar, Brie and Blue Cheese, Cider & Apple Chutney,
Celery, Apple & Biscuits

£14.95 two course £20.95 3 course per person
Bookings only. £10 Deposit Person is required to secure the booking. A pre-order is required

If you have any dietary requirements or Allergies, please contact us as we are happy to accommodate your requests. Gluten Free Available

Rich is it dog friendly ?
We would be up for 24th November weekend. Not December. Be really good to see you and Sandie ��

Hi Rich, nice idea, as you say been quiet this year, not had a meet up all year.
I have no plans for either w/end, about 15 mins from me so could join you for a meal and a drink.
Pub is dog friendly and if you walk along the road it is only a mile from ladram bay caravan park.

Al.

Ladram Bay

Sounds tempting MMM, pub accn looks a little pricey and in the hope we get great weather like last time (2016?!) i'm looking for tented options - sadly it looks like Ladram Bay shuts from 6 Nov to Mar 19?! I'll keep looking and let you know.

Bazzer :beerjug:

Ok, not the greatest of response, i'll table this and maybe look again for next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom