Looks like 1250 engine has fairly major structural changes

It’s got Africa Twin colouring, they do say imitation is the most sincere form of flattery :hide:hide

It's actually the BMW motorsports color, but gold wheels rather than white.

It's the angle.
The R1250 was shot with side stand on.
The R1200 was shot with center stand, shot from right angle.

The current Akrapovic header-pipe definitely won't fit on the new 1250 but I hope the E-3 Akra slip-on will still fit:thumb2
Especially since the 1250 will be 4 decibel quieter to be E-5 compliant and probably will sound like a wet-fart...:(
I hate the EU !

Did I see 136bhp peak power - not going to offer KTM too much competition then. TBH, I was expecting c.150, before any Hilltop shenanigans.

Akra must be laughing all the way to the bank, yet again. Presumably the O2 sensors are tucked away behind the sump guard.

Sutty getting 1.9% at the Yorkhire - is that truely APR I wonder? If so it's frankly a worrying business model unless they have medium term matched funding. I was hoping Banks hadn't forgotten the lessons of 2008 yet. It's a different matter if cheap rates are sponsored by the dealer/manufacturer.

Did I see 136bhp peak power - not going to offer KTM too much competition then. TBH, I was expecting c.150, before any Hilltop shenanigans.

Akra must be laughing all the way to the bank, yet again. Presumably the O2 sensors are tucked away behind the sump guard.

Sutty getting 1.9% at the Yorkhire - is that truely APR I wonder? If so it's frankly a worrying business model unless they have medium term matched funding. I was hoping Banks hadn't forgotten the lessons of 2008 yet. It's a different matter if cheap rates are sponsored by the dealer/manufacturer.

Not sure about that , recently had a head to head with a KTM and to honest not much in it on the roads we rode on (Spain)
The ktm is quick off the mark , but hammer the old LC and even stevens , so with the new power I hope the small gap will be reduced .
Okay over 130 140 and initial take off the ktm is faster but around twisty roads not much in it as far as I could work out due to the way the bm holds the road so well .
The KTM from behind did look a little see saw ish when really hammering and pushing in to corners which allows the bm to close .
Fair play to the KTM as a we were pushing the boundaries a bit and we had a good chat later when we stopped for a coffee.
In not trying to start another KTM vs BM thread , just adding to the comments made , so please accept my observations as I have made them , no offence meant to anyone of the Orange blood.

yorkshire bank 1.9%

definatley what i have got but the offer may have gone now as interest rates are rising did see the 2.9% offer tho and is a good deal

How often do you think ANYONE on this forum - sees peak power? :nenau

It is only of importance while propping up the bar, in reality.

Al

I have a hilltopped 1200 GSA with a full akra system and I want more power. If the s1000xr had better clocks and no chain I would buy it today.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

How often do you think ANYONE on this forum - sees peak power? :nenau

It is only of importance while propping up the bar, in reality.

Al

I see it most times i'm out , and addition to the power would be wonderful , I feel mechanically unsympathetic when I ride even to the point of cruel.

As for "only 136 hp" and the KTM vs BMW debate ;
I will be the first to admit that it would have been sexier to see 145 hp instead of 136 hp advertised but even the 160 hp KTM really only made 150 at the crank while the 125 hp GS was honest making between 123 and 128 hp.So there was really only a 25 hp difference that is now down to 14 hp with the new 1250.
But there is 143 NM TORQUE which defines acceleration !
In real world the BMW Boxer beats the KTM by making more power and TORQUE between 2000 and 8000 rpm while the KTM has 10-14 hp more between 8000-9500 rpm...
You have to ask yourself what is more important acceleration or 15 mph more top-speed and where you ride most of the time between 2-8000 rpm where the GS will even murder superbikes (more torque than even a K1300S which was a torquey beast) or between 8-9500 rpm ?!
I know my answer...:thumby:
Who would have thought they would give it more bore which is always good for roll-on and acceleration.As also 10 mm more trail which indicates a higher top-speed and more high spedd stability.With even more hp/top-speed the GS could haved morphed into a slow steering beast like the KTM and who would have wanted this...:(
As for the Autobahn powerful inline fours are more suited than big twins...
Still hoping for the "R1250-XR" with 17 inch wheels otherwise the HP with sports-suspension will do despite not being triple-black :thumb
Can't wait for the first test-ride...

I'm not test riding it, I daren't....

Back
Top Bottom