Ktm 1290 adventure r pannier recommendations

The liner bags that apduro supply are good quality, so I wouldn't not buy them for the reason of liner bags.

Sent from whatever I'm using at the time

Yes, nice to have top loaders and I like the pocket on top of the bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went with bumot boxes 31 & 35 Ltr in the end overall measurement is 940 mm, much the same as the bars. Very good quality and fitting & removal of boxes and frames is easy.

Attachments

• 88A825B8-379B-4C01-AF9A-8E4FE06B31CD.jpg
    88A825B8-379B-4C01-AF9A-8E4FE06B31CD.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 745
Just had a nosey on their website, very impressive for the money. I use Honda plastic panniers on my AT which have been fine...but are a pain in the arse to pack and the exhaust side is particularly bad... these may well be the answer. :beerjug:

How are folks getting on with the Apduros? Do they still do the biz after a few months use?

Nin; Good question.

Also - Don't the side opening lids on those Bumots become a PITA lifting you liner bag over the lid to put it inside?

Oz

Hi, know its a while ago but did you get these made thanks?
Looking for something like this.

Hi Rasher,

The extreme width of the bike with both panniers fitted is 985mm, which isn't bad when considering that it has a 45L and a 41L capacity.
Having looked on the bumot website there widths are as follows -

35L / 31L combination 950mm

40L / 31L combination 1010mm

Apduro also make a smaller pannier set which is 41L / 35L which he informed me are 30mm narrower per pannier so that would make the bike 925mm wide and still have more capacity than either of the above.

I'm just in the middle of designing a mounting plate to install a givi toolbox to the spare space inboard of the lefthand frame.
So I'll gain more capacity and fill in the current gap to boot. I'll post some photos of everything once I have the toolbox installed.
If anyone else decides to get these panniers ill happily share the autocad file so they can get their own mounts made.

Cheers

Garry
294b7590ef9b2722f41cfeb8484ec596.jpg

Sent from whatever I'm using at the time

Hi, know its a while ago but did you get these made thanks?
Looking for something like this.

Back
Top Bottom