Suzuki Katana

Deleted account 210604001

Reaction score
Quite looking forward to this official unveiling, looks a little more interesting than many recent models.

suzuki-katana-3-concept-avant_hd.jpg

Based on the GSXR1000, so should have plenty of poke.

Anyone here had an original ?

RBW.

Rather have the original........................................ Oh. I do !

Attachments

• resize.jpg
    resize.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 683
Rather have the original........................................ Oh. I do !

Katana, defines the term “ahead of its time” even before we knew what that meant. Brilliant bike in any of the engine sizes

Steve

I had an original, lovely to look at, bit of a barge to ride, used to eat rear tyres and chain & sprockets.....Didn`t matter though, it looked the dogs.

This new one is a woeful nod to the original, the new one just looks shite, not at all attractive, all out of balance, the guys who have designed it want burning somewhere quiet.....With the technology at their disposal, they went and fucked it all up with their busy minds, the thing is too busy, too much mass over the front and just lacking the spirit of the original, not at all substantial, the original was solid, but looked lean, the lines flowed......This looks like something you could win in a lucky bag.

That looks in good order :thumb2 . What's it like ?

RBW,

Now much better than standard and more useable with a raft of easily reversed modifications (all the original bits including an uncut rear mudguard, forks, brakes , swinging arm, wheels, exhausts are stored in the garage loft ).

I've owned it since 1984 when it was 2 1/2 years old , toured Europe on it every year from then until the early 90's ,ran it alongside a grey import Gsx400ssn katana for 5 years and always kept it at the back of the garage .

Its seen a r1150gs,r1200gsa tc , r1200gsa lc and about 8 other bikes come and go but this one will never be sold.

400 Katana and the 1100 in 1984

Attachments

• img136.jpg
    img136.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 693
  • img201.jpg
    img201.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 597
Nice enough the new one but Suzuki don't half need a few more interesting bikes in the range.

Yamaha had a bit of duff spell but eventually came out fighting with the MTs and Tracers and at a decent price too.

They make a cracking litre sportsbike (declining in relevance to say the least) but the rest of the range is a bit well....... 'worthy' isn't it.

It's a bit hit and miss for me. I like the sound of the tweeked and smoothed throttle response; and it does'nt look too bad; but again ; what looks like no pillion provision; and who puts a 12 ltr tank on a 150bhp hooligan of a bike :blast; i bet a 750 h2 stinkwheel could get a bigger tank range; it just seems like a Johnny come lately catch up to me.

I don’t like this fad for truncated seats, they just don’t look good and are not practical.

If i wanted or needed a single seat; i would buy a sports bike; even if you never carry a pillion; a decent back perch gives you far more room to strap things to. The small seat on the RS was one off the main reasons for not buying one; and the lack of remote preload adjuster.

Sanctuary kat

Think these look the bollocks

Attachments

• katana-011.jpg
    katana-011.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 338

Back
Top Bottom