Northern California Trip

grantmac

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just at the end of an epic 7 day tour around northern Cal. Too much to put on here but I just wanted to add a big recommendation for Dubbelju motorcycle rental in San Francisco. They provided us with exactly what we asked for; 2 new GS bikes with NAV V cradle for my GPS. Both bikes were in perfect condition and came with the required cradle. So what, you might ask well our friends at Eagle who we rode southern Cal with last year said their bikes did not come with BMW Nav cradle but we could rent a GPS unit from them. Regrettably when we got their bikes on location there was a cradle but we had already agreed to take their very poor quality garmin unit which not only was faulty bit very old. So kudos to Dubbelju!
I'll be loading the trips onto my own website so if anyone is interested in some rather spectacular riding for 7 days in Northern Cal along with accommodation recommendation and links let me know and I'll send the details.

Attachments

• IMG_5177.jpg
    IMG_5177.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_0353.jpg
    IMG_0353.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_5125.jpg
    IMG_5125.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_5075.jpg
    IMG_5075.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_3803.jpg
    IMG_3803.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 157
I see Yosemite has reopened then.
+1 on the Dubbelju recommendation although I was disappointed to receive hidden charges on arrival. The website booking tool says “that’s all you’ll pay apart from local taxes”; then you find that if you want to reduce the insurance excess from 100% of the bike’s value to $2500 it’ll cost you $25 a day extra.
Would have been nice to have the saddlebags fitted properly too :rolleyes: but this is all stuff you just deal with.

yup, all the parks are back open but only recently. We saw a lot of evidence of recent fires as we headed north especially around Redding.
As to extra charges, regret to say that this is standard in the US whether renting a car or bike. we had the same with Eagle. Basic third part is included but anything extra on insurance you have to pay for.

Back
Top Bottom