Question Re PCP deal last year

snaponphil

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi guys, for those who took up Hondas bargain deal on the Africa Twin last year,
1, Hows it going.?
2, Would you buy it again knowing what you now know.?
3, Did I miss out big time.?

Just interested to know as I nearly bit the bullet but I already bought 2 bikes last year..

1. Happy with bike on road at speed. Dct good at speed, and manual overide switches to change gear when you want are good; enables good engine braking etc when required. Don't like dct in slow speed manoevering, particularly when cold.
2. Deal was good value imo. However, for me would go manual as opposed to dct.
3. Depends what you want. Likely to be many for sale at end of period so hold out and see what you can get?

I purchased one on the deal even tho i actually didn't want a Africa twin but felt at this price why not @ £12k rrp i deffo would have never bought one, the suspension is shite, you will never get the correct sag set up for a single rider (I'm 13 stone wet, well i was I'm 12 now) and the front forks are just as bad, however what I've saved on the deal I've spent on the bike, some cosmetic and some essencial items and its bloody brilliant now, K-tech's own design fork kit and valves, Ohlins rear shock, hilltop remap has smoothed it out massively and gave it some midrange punch, i fitted a full arrow titanium system and it was too loud for myself so purchased the arrow sports cat for the system and not only has it made it sound really nice it also has changed where it makes peak power and feels so much better for it, i added the gearstick to the Dct and like to tap down and use the paddles to go up the box.

Apart from other cosmetic stuff I've added the suspension is an essential upgrade, some aspects of the bike are questionable especially the finish on the frame around the welds but in general the rest of the bike is good, having the use of vehicles with Dsg gearbox made the transition simple and probably one of the reasons i like the dct box so much.

Would i buy another !! yeah i would have the ATAS Dct as you seem to get more for your money with the sport and it looks great quality plus all my stuff will transfer over and i can bring the height down with my 19/17 tubeless wheels.

Did you miss out !! i think you probably did, 3 years ownership for the price of a costa coffee a day :p

1 - agree with GFJ

2 - yes , no deposit £68 pm 0% pcp with £3,300 (25%) off list price. Best deal on any bike I’ve seen let alone on my favorite big trail bike.

3 - yes if you wanted one . As said there will be loads in a couple of years time but you might not want to wait that long? Try kicking people in the bollox over the winter you may get one cheap.

Mine is getting absolutely battered off-road.

Totally reliable and I must have dropped it 20 times in past year. Done more miles on its crash bars than on the tyres...

Lovin it.

lol

Mine is getting absolutely battered off-road.

Totally reliable and I must have dropped it 20 times in past year. Done more miles on its crash bars than on the tyres...

Lovin it.

lol

You may be in for quite a shock when the contract ends, and the bike has to go back :eek:

If you are after one I maybe selling mine 2017, 4k miles fhsh just been serviced and had new wheels last weekend with stainless spokes, few farkles and yes I am one of the twats that got humped by Honda as I paid £12.5k for mine.

Mine has has been faultless done 6k now, i bought a DCT without a test ride and was nervous hoping i hadn't made a big mistake! Its addictive!! i kept my GSA just in case, but after a month the GSA was sold and the Honda is great, as above the suspension isn't great and i do miss a few bits off the GSA cruuse etc but for £70 a month best deal ive had on any bike over 36 years of biking. Would i buy the new ATS yes if there was a comparable deal but ive also been looking at the ktm 1290 adv R as ive never owned a KTM and need to tick the box.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

1. Brilliant, really like the bike for ease of riding.
2. Yes. Test rode the ATAS a fortnight ago, (it wasn't £4k better than my standard DCT (price to change) enjoyed it and a few bits and pieces added are worth it. Big omission is cruise control.
3. Yes, but the price of 2nd hand ones has dropped so you can get a 1 yr old bike for £8k. still worth getting (There's one on the site at the moment)

If you are after one I maybe selling mine 2017, 4k miles fhsh just been serviced and had new wheels last weekend with stainless spokes, few farkles and yes I am one of the twats that got humped by Honda as I paid £12.5k for mine.

Honda shouldn't do it.

But it isn't the first time, won't be the last time, and you are not to blame.

Hi Den, not after one at the minute, about the same depreciation rate as a 3 months old Rallye when I tried to sell mine last September then..
wouldn’t worry, it’ll work out in the end..

Honda shouldn't do it.

Honda didn't do it though, did they.
John Banks did. A few other dealers had to match or nearly match the mad deal Banks did.
It is something KTM do pretty much every year, not a single dealer, KTM themselves.

Does anybody recall if there were any comparable deals after the September offer last year? Want to get one but I'm unable to until October and it'd be a bit of a kicker having to pay full price the month after.

Honda didn't do it though, did they.
John Banks did. A few other dealers had to match or nearly match the mad deal Banks did.
It is something KTM do pretty much every year, not a single dealer, KTM themselves.

I cannot believe Honda have no control over their dealers, I have called 4 dealers for a type R and every one including Banks says they cannot discount as Honda do not allow them to !! so why are they able to shave thousand off the bike prices ? No doubt they will discount the R's just after I buy a fecker, do you know when you get shafted over and over again you get used to it much like a boxer getting punched in the head so often they get used to it. I still think the big H is behind all this discounting, its ironic they were the ones taking the parallel importers to court over discounted imported bikes when we were paying £3k over the odds in the late 80's / early 90's

I cannot believe Honda have no control over their dealers, I have called 4 dealers for a type R and every one including Banks says they cannot discount as Honda do not allow them to !! so why are they able to shave thousand off the bike prices ? No doubt they will discount the R's just after I buy a fecker, do you know when you get shafted over and over again you get used to it much like a boxer getting punched in the head so often they get used to it. I still think the big H is behind all this discounting, its ironic they were the ones taking the parallel importers to court over discounted imported bikes when we were paying £3k over the odds in the late 80's / early 90's

Late 90's

I bought a genuine UK VFR800 in 1998 for £6000 otr, when 2 month's earlier it was £9200 otr ................and that included 2 years MAC advanced riding training

Kept it a year and made £1500 on it as Honda UK prices went back up and the £ strengthened so no parallels were coming in

Happy days

Den,

I've just done a two minute search and found this on a Type R GT with Metallic paint -

All quotes include 12 months Vehicle Tax ( at the current rate effective 1st April 2018), a full manufacturer's warranty, and free driven delivery anywhere in England.

All vehicles are supplied by UK main dealers.

Discount (saving) £2,761.25
Discounted Price with options £31,288.75
OTHER CARS IN MY BUDGET
OTHER MODELS IN THIS RANGE
RETURN TO HOMEPAGE
The standard manufacturer warranty that comes with every new car enables you to get any warranty repairs done by your local dealer. Your local dealer will be happy to do warranty repairs, even though they didn’t supply your car, because the manufacturer pays the dealer for doing them.

To continue, please select one of the following:

You need to select both your paint and interior trim options before continuing or we may not be able to process your order.
Click here to do so now.

ORDER CAR SUBMIT ENQUIRY FINANCE QUOTE PRINT THIS QUOTE
If you require any further information on the car you are looking at then please contact us on Tel 08456 26 26 26 or 01628 472276

Note: All quotes include VAT, Road Tax, the First Registration Fee and Delivery in England. (E&OE).

EXTRA INFORMATION
ALL MODELS (except Type R model):

The quoted prices include a £1,250 deposit contribution which is conditional upon you taking out PCP finance at 5.9% APR Representative over a period of up to 37 months arranged by the dealer. If you do not wish to take out this finance plan we are able to offer an alternative amount of £500 discount instead of the £1,250 deposit contribution. Please add £750 to the price quoted if you are looking to pay cash.

Type R model only:

Honda are offering PCP finance at 5.9% APR Representative over a period of up to 37 months. The dealer that we put you in touch with will arrange the finance if required. Subject to Status. Written quote available on request.

Please note there is an additional £500 discount available for Cash buyers of Honda Civic Type R model.

Honda are also offering:
1. 5 Years' Servicing Package for just £599.
2. 5 Years' Care Package (5 Year Warranty, 5 Year Roadside Assistance and 5 Year Servicing) for just £949.

If you wish to buy any of the above packages then you will need to add £599 or £949 to the prices we are quoting. Terms and conditions apply.

NOTE: ALL HONDA MODELS ORDERED VIA US WILL BE SUPPLIED BRAND NEW. YOU WILL BE THE FIRST AND ONLY REGISTERED KEEPER. SOME BROKERS ARE OFFERING PRE-REGISTERED CARS OR CARS REGISTERED TO YOU “CARE OF” AN UNRELATED COMPANY.

Quotes and offers are for cars ordered after 5th September and delivered by 30th September 2018.

The price we quote is the price you should pay, our commission is included in this quote and will be paid to us by the dealer.
All quotes include Road Tax and a full manufacturer warranty.

So there are clearly deals out there, unless I am missing something? if I was buying one I'm sure I could do even better. Just FYI :thumb2

Manufacturers are having to up their game with regard to emissions standards, Euro 6 is soon to be superceeded by Euro 6.2 leading to Euro 6d by 2020 so if the current R is only a 6, Honda might well soon start discounting to clear old stocks. Lots of rumours in the motor trade about this subject atm, including some manufacturers not being ready and having to buy and fit competitors engines in their own models. ::blast

Den,

I've just done a two minute search and found this on a Type R GT with Metallic paint -

All quotes include 12 months Vehicle Tax ( at the current rate effective 1st April 2018), a full manufacturer's warranty, and free driven delivery anywhere in England.

All vehicles are supplied by UK main dealers.

Discount (saving) £2,761.25
Discounted Price with options £31,288.75
OTHER CARS IN MY BUDGET
OTHER MODELS IN THIS RANGE
RETURN TO HOMEPAGE
The standard manufacturer warranty that comes with every new car enables you to get any warranty repairs done by your local dealer. Your local dealer will be happy to do warranty repairs, even though they didn’t supply your car, because the manufacturer pays the dealer for doing them.

To continue, please select one of the following:

You need to select both your paint and interior trim options before continuing or we may not be able to process your order.
Click here to do so now.

ORDER CAR SUBMIT ENQUIRY FINANCE QUOTE PRINT THIS QUOTE
If you require any further information on the car you are looking at then please contact us on Tel 08456 26 26 26 or 01628 472276

Note: All quotes include VAT, Road Tax, the First Registration Fee and Delivery in England. (E&OE).

EXTRA INFORMATION
ALL MODELS (except Type R model):

The quoted prices include a £1,250 deposit contribution which is conditional upon you taking out PCP finance at 5.9% APR Representative over a period of up to 37 months arranged by the dealer. If you do not wish to take out this finance plan we are able to offer an alternative amount of £500 discount instead of the £1,250 deposit contribution. Please add £750 to the price quoted if you are looking to pay cash.

Type R model only:

Honda are offering PCP finance at 5.9% APR Representative over a period of up to 37 months. The dealer that we put you in touch with will arrange the finance if required. Subject to Status. Written quote available on request.

Please note there is an additional £500 discount available for Cash buyers of Honda Civic Type R model.

Honda are also offering:
1. 5 Years' Servicing Package for just £599.
2. 5 Years' Care Package (5 Year Warranty, 5 Year Roadside Assistance and 5 Year Servicing) for just £949.

If you wish to buy any of the above packages then you will need to add £599 or £949 to the prices we are quoting. Terms and conditions apply.

NOTE: ALL HONDA MODELS ORDERED VIA US WILL BE SUPPLIED BRAND NEW. YOU WILL BE THE FIRST AND ONLY REGISTERED KEEPER. SOME BROKERS ARE OFFERING PRE-REGISTERED CARS OR CARS REGISTERED TO YOU “CARE OF” AN UNRELATED COMPANY.

Quotes and offers are for cars ordered after 5th September and delivered by 30th September 2018.

The price we quote is the price you should pay, our commission is included in this quote and will be paid to us by the dealer.
All quotes include Road Tax and a full manufacturer warranty.

So there are clearly deals out there, unless I am missing something? if I was buying one I'm sure I could do even better. Just FYI :thumb2

Thanks friend, I did play off Vurtu / Banks / Listers and Marshalls. Although Banks were desperate to get my coin they could not match a deal I was offered, having said that I am impulsive and like to get things done quickly (probably so I don't get to thinking too much and realise I am a twat with money !) so I probably don't give them enough time to cut each other throats. My friend does the same thing every few years but does it over many weeks (leaves them stewing) I'm too impatient, I have already told supplying dealer to get a move on or I go elsewhere (waiting to get it pdi'ed) just hope it lives up to expectations as there is a M3 waiting on the subs bench. My last hurrah before retirement

Back
Top Bottom