Hilltop happy

GSGRIFF

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Back from my Hilltop remap...wow! Very happy. 77bhp to 102bhp, 64ft/lb to 79ft/lb torque. £300 well spent. The bike has been transformed. Thanks for GSAPilot for organising this and ukgser for a great forum.

2010 twin cam r1200gs with only 8,600 miles on it, bought it in July. Great bike..

2010 twin cam r1200gs with only 8,600 miles on it, bought it in July. Great bike..

Nice. Wonder what difference it would make to my 2009 GS (single cam)

Going to have to start saving my pennies for it

1200gsa 15 plate 14k miles, was at hilltop at the weekend and results as follows-

Before= 100.33bhp after= 114.4bhp
Before= 70.64lb/nm after 84.34 lb/nm

Can anybody else post their results as I would be interested as a comparable?

Cheers,

Tom

Back from my Hilltop remap...wow! Very happy. 77bhp to 102bhp, 64ft/lb to 79ft/lb torque. £300 well spent. The bike has been transformed. Thanks for GSAPilot for organising this and ukgser for a great forum.
A 33% increase in power. Yeah, right.

i had my 2010 twin cam done thee weeks ago ,thats about the same numbers as mine ,thats the third gs i have had done of hilltop

I was wondering if anything will affect these figures in the future e.g TB sync, valve clearance adjustments, grade of fuel etc, or will it maintain them regardless?

Any mechanical or fuelling alterations will affect figures and that can be for better or for worse.

1200gsa 15 plate 14k miles, was at hilltop at the weekend and results as follows-

Before= 100.33bhp after= 114.4bhp
Before= 70.64lb/nm after 84.34 lb/nm

Can anybody else post their results as I would be interested as a comparable?

Cheers,

Tom

my my2016 65 plate went from 98.33 to 116.17 bhp and 71.79 to 86.51ft/lb

If the engine came out of the factory tuned to it's ideal there would be very little to gain from a remap. But the standard ECU map really restricts the engine so big returns are there for the taking.

Agreed best money i’ve ever spent on a motorcycle, my 2012 TC GSA rides so smooth, and increased economy, pulls from low down and revs on, only thing is it hates standard unleaded now. I notice the drop in performance and smoothness if I have to take a tank or two of reg unleaded when visiting Ireland. Improved performance restores immediately on a tank of the good stuff. Love it

Has anyone got a dyno curve for a Twin Cam hexhead following the Hilltop tune? Am particularly interested in seeing the improvements in the 4200_5500 rpm range (flatspot)

Thanks

Has anyone got a dyno curve for a Twin Cam hexhead following the Hilltop tune? Am particularly interested in seeing the improvements in the 4200_5500 rpm range (flatspot)

Thanks

Removing that flat spot is the main reason why folk have the work done. Extra power is nice to have. So much extra power is unexpected.

The engines run very weak as standard and can be harmfully weak with some exhaust systems. Generally the ECU will adapt to new header and silencer but not a free flowing air filter as well. But, some super free flowing exhausts can be too much leading to harmfully weak mixtures.
Information from Geoff when I asked about fitting the Akraprovic 2:1:2 stacked silencer system. He advised me to not run it without baffles on the OEM ECU map.

Back
Top Bottom