1250 Launch live now on facebook , BMW Motorrad

GSA is Feb/March according to a local dealer.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

HP model

Red, white and blue model is a HP GS! check out the live facey link and the accessories! .....nice but I bet £££££

The HP looks great in white and blue but the gold wheels wouldn’t be my choice. Otherwise it appears to be the same old dreary colours, they clearly have no imagination when it comes to paint schemes.

Very poor stream and very amateurish presentation. Is that the best a company like BMW can do?

I wouldn’t say no, she looked reasonably tidy for an older women :D As for the live stream, wasn’t that great an effort, but who gives a toss, all the info about the bikes are out with the pics (courtesy of Big Red’s link). And they’ll be some vids from the Italian journo’s on YouTube very soon no doubt.

I seem to remember the 2004 1200 launch pics had a similar shot to this, as I bought the blue one (great bike, until the final drive bearing went on the return journey from Austria:blast).

Attachments

• 622A05BD-DDCA-42BB-B8B7-9F2B629AD50F.jpg
    622A05BD-DDCA-42BB-B8B7-9F2B629AD50F.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 742
well, the lack of spoked wheels is a bonus since the horrendous amount of spokes going loose of late. I can see that OEM can is no different to the previous generation can and that makes me believe that my black aka would go on it no problem. My GSA is EU4 but I run EU3 Akra can on it. Are there any other differences? yes I can see headers are slightly flatter and the is no lambda sensor just under the cylinder head. what else, black grab rail, and no hand guards. Anything else??? Nope

Wonder what them brakes are.............

Very poor stream and very amateurish presentation. Is that the best a company like BMW can do?

Welcome to this Thomas Crook hotel complete with pool bar, after the presentation we will have baloon shaping in the Rialto de Mar bar!!!

I wouldn’t say no, she looked reasonably tidy for an older women :D As for the live stream, wasn’t that great an effort, but who gives a toss, all the info about the bikes are out with the pics (courtesy of Big Red’s link). And they’ll be some vids from the Italian journo’s on YouTube very soon no doubt.

I seem to remember the 2004 1200 launch pics had a similar shot to this, as I bought the blue one (great bike, until the final drive bearing went on the return journey from Austria:blast).

Is it just the angle that the photo was taken from or are the barrels a lot higher

I think they need to take a look at the Ducati Bike launch's of last few years and update this amature affair a little.

Interesting brake system changes:

Dynamic Brake Control - provides the rider with extra support on brake manoeuvres. DBC increases safety when braking, even in difficult situations, by avoiding unintentional accelerator activation. The Hill start control is standard now.

I think the DBC is an excellent idea as I've occasionally had unintended throttle opening when braking. I also once had what I was convinced was a cruise control resume without touching the resume switch, but I'm not sure if it would have helped with that as I presume you actually have to be hitting the brakes for it to prevent any increase in throttle.

Where’s the side stand? And Brembos? The bike in that picture looks cheaper than the current GS.

As someone that’s moved away from BMW, I was hoping that they’d have put a bit more effort into the launch of this updated model, but it would appear not.

And where’s Boxerlust? Has he gone through a whole box of tissues yet ?
Those wheels don’t look 17”

He’s probably feeling a bit daft. More power, shittier brakes. Great move BMW. :thumb :blast

Back
Top Bottom