Glove recomendation

Beast

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Can anyone recommended a pair of gloves that could keep my hands dry and also in and enable me to take them off without pulling out the liners, preventing me from putting them back on after refuelling.
I have tried numrous gloves of all makes my last pair been Ruka gortex. I was told by the lying salesman that these gloves are 100% waterproof and will never have problems getting them back on due to the lining when hands are damp.
Spent 45 mins, under the hand dryer in the gents on Sunday trying to dry the waterproof gloves out so i could put them back on and ride home.

Recommendation please :mad:

Anything that says the glove uses "McFit" or "Xtrafit" to secure the waterproof liner to the inside of the glove.

I have also read that using the heated grips while raining prevents the waterproof membrane from doing its job.

Sent from a U11

Avoid Gore grip
Its shite I am on my 3rd pair of Klim that have Gore grip and the winning has pulled out of them all including the latest pair yesterday

They have all been replaced under warranty but that counts for not a single toss when you are 100 miles from home and cant get your gloves on

I have a pair of Rukka Argosaurus, ridden through two winters, near been wet.

If I was commuting a long distance I’d go back to muffs with summer gloves.

Avoid Gore grip
Its shite I am on my 3rd pair of Klim that have Gore grip and the winning has pulled out of them all including the latest pair yesterday

They have all been replaced under warranty but that counts for not a single toss when you are 100 miles from home and cant get your gloves on

AAhh......I think GoreGrip is the latest iteration of XtraFit

few Pairs of marigolds under some larger gloves, sling the marigolds at the end of each ride, and you can even wash the dishes after.............

Anything that says the glove uses "McFit" or "Xtrafit" to secure the waterproof liner to the inside of the glove.

I have also read that using the heated grips while raining prevents the waterproof membrane from doing its job.

Sent from a U11

Both parts of this very true. There is one gloves made by Revit to specifically still work whilst using heated grips - The Revit Fusion.

https://www.motocentral.co.uk/revit-gloves-fusion-gore-tex-black.html

It depends on what you're after in gloves, if you're after super warm gloves, you pretty much have no option to buy something where the lining can come out. If you're not as worried about super thick thermal gloves, gloves with goregrip, xtrafit, mcfit etc.

Most the Rukka Gloves range would be a good option, as well as Held & Revit. Held Air N Dry Gloves. Revit Borealis etc

https://www.alpinestars.com/crosser-drystar-air-glove

I'm just waiting on a pair of these to show up from Germany..........apparently the Drystar membrane is laminated to the glove. No thermal lining so maybe not suitable for the depth of winter but I never liked riding with thick winter gloves on so I generally don't.

Will report back on these when they show up.

I don't know if they have been sold, but there was a pair of BMW Winter gloves in the sales list the other day. I have a pair and they are a couple of years old. They have aluminium strips in them to conduct the heat from grips throughout the glove fingers - they are well insulated and totally waterproof (immersion proof, I tried it). If you get your hands wet, then the lining will stick to you a bit - but you can work the gloves off, finger tips first, and keep the lining inside and still unwrinkled. Dry your hands before putting the gloves back on.

BMW Winter2 are the new ones (mine are Winter 2, just checked). Recommended, and I ride long distance in the winter too and they work a treat - if it is VERY cold, like a hard frost first thing, then I use some silk inner gloves with them and that adds another level of insulation and another barrier from lining movement. :thumby:

I have had some Hein Gericke 3 finger mits for years. Brilliant things, but I think they are no longer available.
Quite a few out there to choose from, but would avoid the ones that have a single index finger.

Rukka version, but not cheap.

Better link; Rukka Lobster

I have a pair of these, which cost me £40 in the bargain bin at a closing down sale in Gloucester. they are superb in the cold because your fingers are not in individual fingers and so there is less external surface area, also your fingers have some room to move so they don’t lose heat by being too tight, they also have an elastic aged drawstring cuff that goes over your jacket and secures so no water inside when it rains hard.

I also have a pair of Halvarssons gloves that are similar but less armour because i think they are snowmobile gloves, I cant find them on-line. Also recommended.

I have had a pair of alpinestars goretex extrafit for 4 years now, had some good soakings, used in the wet with heated grips a few times, no problems always stayed dry. Not insulated so not too good for everyday winter use but definitely have another pair.

Al.

few Pairs of marigolds under some larger gloves, sling the marigolds at the end of each ride, and you can even wash the dishes after.............

Or diesel gloves, available at any filling station if you get caught out. You'll have hot, clammy but dry hands and they'll slide easily into any soaking outer glove

Back
Top Bottom