KTM 1290 super adventure s weaving

You're really failing on this fishing trip dude so I'd give up now before you make yourself look REALLY stoopid :)

Compare & contrast a discussion by Orange owners who are openly admitting and discussing a genuine (all be it rare) issue with your droning on over much time that the WC never had any issues with it's gearbox, just thousands of owners that didn't know how to change gear.

Now run back to your smug little WC section and leave the adults to discuss things the way adults do.................

:cock

Andres

:) what is KTM’s recommended max speed limit with their panniers fitted? Not after market crap but their own?

Just checked the 1290 SA manual - max speed with luggage 150kph - 30kph less than the GS. So if you want to go fast fully loaded get a GS :D

Clearly KTM believe that their bike is a bit dodgy at high speed with luggage ;)

I wonder if the issue could be head bearings :nenau

Both my 1190R, Giles's 1190R and Milkmaid's 1190R had loose bearings from new (I think, also, Cookie's IIRC?).

When I rode Giles's new 1290S back in May I returned it to him asking if he had noticed the clunk, clunk, clunk every time one braked? :blast

Guess what, his head bearings were loose.

So, If the factory are sending the bikes out with incorrectly set head bearings here and there maybe that explains the odd bit of wibble, wobble here and there. Maybe :nenau

Andres

Think you might be bang on with the head bearings, had similar problems with the Harley Dyna fatbob, going clunk when front braking, and the steering felt way to quick, slightly tightened head bearings, and all was good, and that bike was new also.

Speed limits in top boxes are meaningless, it is the bike manufacturer’s recommended limit with the manufacturer’s luggage that is important because one assumes that they tested it with the bike. For KTM to sell a bike that weaves and wobbles inside its design parameters is a fault.

Good grief, I thought you were meant to be intelligent :blast

Just dealing with the facts - GS max safe speed with luggage is 30kph higher than 1290 SA with luggage - manufacturer’s spec, not mine.

With a bit of luck it’ll stop you from ever buying one.

Any self respecting KTM dealer would tell him to fuck off after a 30 second conversation.

Go to Gear 4 in Market Deeping. They’ll let you ride any of their demo fleet until they realise you’re a bit of a dick and throw you out with the rest of the rubbish.

He's too blinkered to ever buy anything other than a GS :rolleyes:

The GS is a better all rounder that’s why - when KTM (or any of the others) come out with an equivalent but better bike I will consider it, the 1290SA was a serious candidate but after a bit of research, it doesn’t quite cut it. I have a Triumph for sunny Sunday dicking about :)

KTM OFFICIAL WARNING!
Just in case you missed it - slow down to less than 150kph when you have luggage or you bike could become unstable.

93mph is hardly high speed for such an awesome steed :)

Attachments

• 00B0BC50-A591-4A09-9680-CC7539D0FAC6.jpg
    00B0BC50-A591-4A09-9680-CC7539D0FAC6.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 359
Wonder what Nutty and bounce top speeds are with their topcases, and if they get the wobblies.

Never experienced the wobble or weave @ any speeds.....

Both their bikes have semi-active suspension so probably cope a lot better. You’ve seen the photos of my GT massively overloaded and because I’ve got an enquiring kind of mind I had to wind it up to see if it misbehaved and stopped at 125mph because I knew I’d got a broken bracket on the rack but it was handling perfectly well up to that speed. I know it’s nothing like an Adventure but it does have similar suspension and I doubt if either of that pair have ever piled as much crap on their bikes as I did for my recent excursion.

Correct Andy....engine in sport, damping on comfort.....ideal combination for me; max load for me is top box & roll bag....not the kitchen sink, wardrobe & single bed ;)

I got 156mph on the Sat Nav, then bottled it. :D

Indicated 151mph.....allowing for +/- tolerances...who knows!!!! But no wobble or weave

....for some it is; not for others ;)

Indeed - I agree, we all have different requirements, but this weave, wobble, instability issue at a relatively low speed of 92mph for a 150+ bhp machine makes the bike fall short of my requirements - others won’t be bothered by this limitation ;)

Most of the comments about weaves have related to a bike that’s 5 years old technology and the latest 1290 SAS doesn’t have the same problems because KTM owners tend to just feed their issues back to KTM who then look at it and resolve it.

When I had a test ride on a 1290 SAS I commented on the problems I’d had with the 1190 so they showed me what they’d done then offered to load the test bike up with luggage and throw a bit of weight in it so I could try it and make sure I was happy. You just don’t get that with BMW who’d much sooner point the finger at the rider than acknowledge they need to change something.

Back
Top Bottom