New tyre time

Davey B

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've just spent an hour searching the internet for a pair of new tyres....anyone know of a good deal on at the moment ? I have a tubeless conversion and currently run Trailattack 2 but happy to give other stuff a try (I'm one of the few who didn't really have an issue with the OEM fitted tyres)
Ta

i recently got a cracking deal £87 a pair delivered of avon distanzia's for the caponord, from M and P..No mention on the order or website re age...when they arrived they were dated 2014! I guess you pays your money

Couldn't find anything and needed a pair fitting today or tomorrow so have gone for TKC70, just for a change. Will see how I get on with them.

I liked TKC70s on my Turban but am living the Pirelli STRs on my ATAS
I'd be interested to hear how the STR's wear for you. I loved them on my GS it had to take them off due to scalloping, ridging of the front thread blocks.

Sent from a U11

Have done 2k miles on the TKC70s in a week. Superb tyres, really well suited to the AT. Confidence inspiring in wet or dry. Really pleased with them. :beerjug:

Well after test riding the ATAS again for 5 hours a couple of weeks ago then doing a 500 mile weekend on my std AT Ive decided to keep the AT and as such treat her to a new set of boots to go on the new wheels An the very good advice of Davey In Ireland and Arsey I went for the Trial attack 2s which are a very good tyre indeed only grief is the first front got a quite deep cut in it so I replaced that before we went to France /Germany, on the trip it seemed quite noisy unlike the first one, about 1500 mile in after having it put onto the new wheels there is a distinct wobble when slowing and if i take my hands off the bars it wobbles quite bad, on checking the rear that has a split in it as well so although I do like these they dont seem too durable
I was thinking on the following

Metezler Karoo 3 ( Love the rugged look of them my mate has them on his GS and says they are fine in the wet)
Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR (As per Arsey's recommdation) He wasnt wrong about the contis
TKC 70s
Attack trial 2s again

on the continental web site they show the TKC70s as being as good as the TA2s in dry Grip better in wet grip but better off road, that bit im not interested in as ive another bike to go off roading on
I see youve just fitted the TKC70s Davey any news on them now youve had them fitted a while

Whats the thoughts on the rest ??
my first choice would be the Karoo 3s just for the look but cont want to compromise the grip for looks

Cheers Fellas
Rob

Have done 2k miles on the TKC70s in a week. Superb tyres, really well suited to the AT. Confidence inspiring in wet or dry. Really pleased with them. :beerjug:

Same result here, I have around 3,000 miles on my TKC 70's now and couldn't be more pleased. When I find a tyre I like I tend to stay with them and that tyre had been TA2's on my previous GS and GSA. On this bike I wanted just a bit more tread so looking on Conti's site they claim the TKC70 will last longer and stick just as well at their own TA2. Win win.

In all honesty I can't say for certain Rob, they seem very quiet to me but my hearing isn't the best plus I generally have ear plugs in when riding.

Sorry for late reply. I can’t actaully notice any difference noisewise...or vibe wise for that matter between thTKC and pure road tyres. Very impressed all round. I ride to weather conditions so don’t push too hard in the wet but had no issues at all on wet roads in Scotland a fortnight ago. Mate was on a Caponord with some posh road tyres with loads of grip...there was no more grip than myTkCs. Would get them again without a second thought.

Cheers guys
im so not sure what ones to get, and worse a bridgestone has been thrown into the mix the A41 :eek: anyone heard or tried these ??:blast
Rob

I had the A40 on my 1200gsa. They were great, every bit as good as the pilot road trail4. I imagine the A41 will be every bit as good.
But someone else will come along and tell you they’re crap. Tyres seem very subjective. (I didn’t have too much of an issue with OE Dunlop’s on the AT)

I have A41’s on my new 1250, only used them in the dry so far but they are as good as the Anakee 3 IMO

Probably no help

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ve had Rally STR’s on my ATAS for about 1000 miles now, very impressed with them, reasonably quiet (can’t hear them with the ear plugs in), grip really well in the dry (haven’t ridden in the wet with them yet).

I’m using a set of Trekriders on my GSA... a bit more chunky than Trailriders but still have very good (and quite) road manners

Thanks
Just had a look at these and they are described as a 50/50 tyre Im looking for a road only Tyre really or 90/10 as i never take this off road ive got other lighter bikes for that, just want the best road tyre i can get, had the Conti Attack trial 2s but have had 3 replacements so far !! in 3K miles so looking for something else now, A41s looking favorite so far i think or Scorpion Trial2s ??
Rob

Took A chance and ordered a pair of Bridgestone A41s they will be here Monday ill fit them and see what they are like

First ride on the A41s today and they seem really good, was dry but cold went with another Africa Twin with TA2s fitted the A41s seem to warm up quickly and get to roughly the same temp as the TA2s
they seem to make you feel what the bikes doing a bit more and are very grippy didnt push them too much as only did about 60 miles but only about an inch chicken strip left on each side
all in all they feel very good, hopefully will get the chance to test them some more next week
Rob

Back
Top Bottom