Honda CRF450L

Good idea
In USA they are about $9400, which translates to about £7500 ish which makes a lot more sense
As usual Honda have taken the USA or Europe price and applied it to UK in full without currency conversion
Treasure Island once again

Add 20% VAT to that and it's a lot closer, I think US prices are all quoted before sales tax (if any) is added.

I rode one at the Honda Dave Thorpe off road school in Somerset. I'm thinking of buying one to replace my XR400 and have to say I was impressed. However, the sticking point is...the price. Plus i'm hoping Honda will make a Rally version with a fairing and bigger fuel tank/tanks.

Morrocoed.
<iframe width="949" height="534" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WMEzyDpZHGU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I rode one at the Honda Dave Thorpe off road school in Somerset. I'm thinking of buying one to replace my XR400 and have to say I was impressed. However, the sticking point is...the price. Plus i'm hoping Honda will make a Rally version with a fairing and bigger fuel tank/tanks.

My thoughts too
I wanted one as a change from
My XR 400
Sticking point was price too
At present - the XR 400 is getting a makeover
If the CRF 450 L price drops I might go for it

Morrocoed.
<iframe width="949" height="534" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WMEzyDpZHGU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Great video! I can't imagine riding one through through Spain on the roads.

My thoughts too
I wanted one as a change from
My XR 400
Sticking point was price too
At present - the XR 400 is getting a makeover
If the CRF 450 L price drops I might go for it

Have many sold? If not Honda will be discounting them

Have many sold?

If not Honda will be discounting them

I don't think many have been sold at all

I haven't seen any in TRF circles (target audience) or on trails

I was offered a 15% discount in Jan on a brand new bike without much trouble

I think they will drop, so prepared to wait and see

Lets hope so as i'm keen to buy.
Did you see the 450L Rally concept bike at the nec?

I actually saw it, today.................. as I went to Craigs to pick up some XR400 bits (for my bike's makeover)

For a 23 mile bike, it had quite a bit of white corrosion on the alloy parts, which surprised me

It is a better price, but still expensive
Yes it’s surprising it’s there for one and to be on a showroom floor even more. Tempted myself I must say though to be honest I quite fancy getting a twinshock trials bike as there’s no decent green lanes here and I have a dr650 for fun .

Yes it’s surprising it’s there for one and to be on a showroom floor even more. Tempted myself I must say though to be honest I quite fancy getting a twinshock trials bike as there’s no decent green lanes here and I have a dr650 for fun .

£7500/£8500 is a lot to spunk on a new bike...............when in reality it won't do a lot more than the XR400 will do and it's about the same weight too (CRF450L v XR400R)

Enjoying making over the XR400 at present, picked some stuff up from powdercoaters today (Triple S in Bingley) and some stuff from Craigs. Managed to get a rear WP shock for the XR too and want to sort the front suspension too

Fancy building a tricked up XR400

The bike in question for £7500, I had a good look at and for a bike with 24 miles there was a bit of salt corrosion (same a GSA TT panniers) which no doubt could be cleaned up, plus both sidepanels were badly scratched (above footpegs) from MX boot wear
This surprised me, as it's a dirt bike and looks like Honda got the design a bit wrong, putting sidepanels exactly where your boots go:blast
Plus the side panels are £100 per side to replace, whereas the KTM ones will be £50 for a pair and not £200
Honda dirtbike spares are ridiculously expensive

Enjoying making over the XR400 at present, picked some stuff up from powdercoaters today (Triple S in Bingley) and some stuff from Craigs. Managed to get a rear WP shock for the XR too and want to sort the front suspension too

Fancy building a tricked up XR400

I'd be interested seeing what you change on your XR
I have a WP shock on mine, i had it serviced and a heavier spring fitted by K Tech suspensipn.
I use 7.5wt oil in the forks with a slightly reduced air gap.

CRF/EXC comparison.
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tMj9yeymn6A" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A few on eBay brand new 2019 models for £7999 plus 3 years 0% finance.

I don’t know how many have been sold but I haven’t seen a proper secondhand one come up for sale yet. I think they will hold there money well given the new price and quality associated with them . I’d like a test ride for sure

Dobles are selling these now with a power up kit giving an extra 40% more power and torque :green gri

So are John Banks Honda

I saw one (450L) race at this week's Bainbridge Hill Climb against a 450 KTM, side by side

The 450L was dog slow and really noticeable at 25 bhp compared to the KTM at 40+ bhp

Back
Top Bottom