September offer John banks Honda

Bloody hell hes at it again!!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

It is a weird carry on and obviously done to get annual sales figures up...but at what long term cost ? 2nd hand prices take a hit. FFS he has some 2nd hand ATAS bikes for sale for more money than he is selling brand new ones.

It is a weird carry on and obviously done to get annual sales figures up...but at what long term cost ?

2nd hand prices take a hit.

FFS he has some 2nd hand ATAS bikes for sale for more money than he is selling brand new ones.

Written down book values will be less, so he'll wrap it up in the accounts

Volume driven at low margins

Stack'em high and flog'em cheaper

Bike Sales in general are down so they tell me, so expect some other dealers doing the same, maybe the PCP driven bubble is about to burst (it has been predicted, for a while)

I wouldn't want to be holding the keys to a sub 2 year old bike in the present climate

I wouldn't want to be holding the keys to a sub 2 year old bike in the present climate

Mr Doom and Gloom. It seems to me that many people have lost sight of what owning a motorbike is all about. So what if its lost £4k in its first year...keep it 3 or 4 years more and the depreciation curve will all pan out nicely. It's no different with cars/TVs pretty much everything.

Mr Doom and Gloom. It seems to me that many people have lost sight of what owning a motorbike is all about. So what if its lost £4k in its first year...keep it 3 or 4 years more and the depreciation curve will all pan out nicely. It's no different with cars/TVs pretty much everything.

Yep no need for the latest eye candy

Exactly or buy a used bargain that has lots a big slug of its original RRP

Take your pick, doubt I will ever buy new again

Talking to a chap tonight who has lost £4k on a new KTM in just 3 months - I can buy a cracking used bike for that £4k

So, buying new bikes?...............i'm out - been there years ago and it's a mugs game, the bikes are too pricey nowadays to blow that kind of brass

Exactly or buy a used bargain that has lots a big slug of its original RRP

Take your pick, doubt I will ever buy new again

Talking to a chap tonight who has lost £4k on a new KTM in just 3 months - I can buy a cracking used bike for that £4k

So, buying new bikes?...............i'm out - been there years ago and it's a mugs game, the bikes are too pricey nowadays to blow that kind of brass

Must admit you have a valid point, but many have so much brass they do not care, they just moan.

I wont be buying a new GSA again for nearly 20k thats for sure!! Plenty of bargains to be had.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Absolute bargain, but as an owner who bought in March, somewhat annoyed that second hand values will now take a huge hit, not that I’m selling. I guess other dealers will be annoyed, if they can’t get a similar deal from Honda uk.

However, if you were about to buy a AT/ATAS, your in luck.

Edit: Having looked at their web site, it’s not actually as good a deal as it sounds! It’s not like the deal they did a couple of years ago, which if I remember correctly, was about £60 to £70 a month.

There are dealers out there doing 0% finance, so negotiate £1k discount aswell and you have the same value deal as the JBks pcp deal. Bike ownership has a cost, if people don’t buy new bikes, the industry with go under and eventually bikes will disappear from our roads. Obviously that’s the extreme case scenario, but some of us are fortunate to be able to afford a new bike and some of us are not, but one mans new bike eventually becomes another’s more affordable used bike. You do the sums and buy what you can afford, some will be very fortunate to get a great deal and many won’t, these sort of deals pop up on different makes every now and then, but ATEOTD no one is making you buy a bike, they cost what they cost, you either want it or you don’t, simple as that.

It is all customer supply and demand. If everyone refused to buy from one manufacturer they would soon sit up and listen. This doesn't mean you have to go without, just choose someone else. Sales figures and through dealership footfall would take a massive hit. We are all too narrow minded to act together and so the casual "I want it, need it, got to have it now" customer will always loose out, but we all know that.
Imagine the difference in deals offered if everyone in the UK stopped buying BMW's, the price would fall and options to buy would improve, servicing deals and supplementary discounts would all add up.

Back
Top Bottom