Harsh Annakees?

stratblue

genoQian
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My very own recording studio! (South Wales).
Hi All.

I've got a 2011 GSA with Annakee 3 tyres on it, Wilbers suspenders and lately the bike just seems seriously harsh to ride. Coincidentally, I've just bought another bike, which is lovely to ride, so maybe it's just that my frame of reference has changed. A few questions:

1. I've read a few posts on here about stiff sidewalls on Annakees giving a harsh ride, what is the consensus?

2. Any recommendations for a more compliant tyre. Thinking of Road Pilot 4s?

3. Anyone with the same kit but different tyres within reasonable riding distance of South Wales that would do a 10 minute bike swap? I could arrive bearing cake if it's needed.

Thanks.

All shocks will get harsh if allowed to go too long on the old oil. Wilbers should be serviced every 15,000 miles.

Saying that others have said Annakees can have a hard ride.

Wonder if your shocks are working correctly, have you tried different settings, just to see that they are doing their job first.

Are you a big lad or was the last owner - they could have been set up for a completely different weight

I went to avon trail riders as pr4 are puncture prone,
Great wet or dry and a plush ride,
Good point re servicing shocks,
if they are manual back them off a click or 2 to allow the oil to flow in cold weather,
Its been unusually warm for a while, so you may be noticing the warm up rate is slower,

I'm a small/light guy and never experienced a harsh ride with the Anakees 3. Noisy, yes!

Tyre pressure too high maybe? or even too low on the other bike?

I get on fine with Anakee 3's on my 2005 hexhead. Haven't noticed the noise people go on about, or any harshness. They were good for peg-scraping angles in Austria and were absolutely planted on mine and on Fluffmeister's 2016 GSA.

I was lucky enough to get front and rear Wilbers on my bike..........previous owner had just had them fitted. Chuffed.

I get on fine with Anakee 3's on my 2005 hexhead. Haven't noticed the noise people go on about, or any harshness. They were good for peg-scraping angles in Austria and were absolutely planted on mine and on Fluffmeister's 2016 GSA.

You must use some excellent ear plugs, they're definitely noisy :) great tyres though, very decent on dry offroad.

You must use some excellent ear plugs, they're definitely noisy :) great tyres though, very decent on dry offroad.

Well, they've got their work cut out since they're competing with earplugs, a hexhead (not reknowned for being quiet), wind blast and the stock screen which is a great source of buffeting :)

Well, they've got their work cut out since they're competing with earplugs, a hexhead (not reknowned for being quiet), wind blast and the stock screen which is a great source of buffeting :)

Mine with Conti Trail Attack (hardly the most blocky tread) at 70 mph makes more noise from the front wheel than the exhaust. Anything more than that is drowned out by wind noise. Low speed accelerating can be very loud on the exhaust though friends have said its not offensive in town. I normally wear Moldex Rockets ear plugs. They block enough noise without feeling totally bunged up and don't let wind noise through.

Back
Top Bottom