Best Slip on Exhaust for 1200 GSA LC

AllyG

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Greetings one and all.

Just picked up 2017 GSA LC, had an 1150 before. Looking for loud exhaust can to remove the flat spot around five and a half thousand rpm.

Views?

Cheers

Headers would be a better buy...can does nothing

Headers would be a better buy...can does nothing

Thought a noisy end can enlarged the size of the (allegedly small ) penis of the motorcycles owner and made everyone look at them in admiration as they pilot their awesome steed down the road

Thought a noisy end can enlarged the size of the (allegedly small ) penis of the motorcycles owner and made everyone look at them in admiration as they pilot their awesome steed down the road

Did not do anything for my penis, just made me deaf at the end of the day, however the SC Project pipe just has a nicer rumble to it, if you leave the baffles in.

As has been said on many previous threads, the cheapest is the most effective.
Hilltop
headers
end can
I know as I did it in reverse order. Cost me £1050 to find out what £350 would have done.

If I’m honest, the main reason I got a black Akra on my GS was for aesthetics. The sound difference was negligible.

I’ve just put a pipewerx end can on mine. Not too offensive at low revs but sounds awesome when you open the throttle.

Greetings one and all.

Just picked up 2017 GSA LC, had an 1150 before. Looking for loud exhaust can to remove the flat spot around five and a half thousand rpm.

Views?

Cheers

The '17 onwards GS has the euro 4 mapping, it is different to the euro 3 mapping. you will not get rid of the flat spot.
Changing the end can and\or headers will only lighten your wallet.
Getting the bike hilltopped will make the feel much better generally but the flat spot will still be there.
If you want more noise get the decat headers. they are a lot cheaper than an end can and do away with potential flappy valve troubles.

The '17 onwards GS has the euro 4 mapping, it is different to the euro 3 mapping. you will not get rid of the flat spot.
Changing the end can and\or headers will only lighten your wallet.
Getting the bike hilltopped will make the feel much better generally but the flat spot will still be there.
If you want more noise get the decat headers. they are a lot cheaper than an end can and do away with potential flappy valve troubles.

And if you want to get rid of the flat spot, get a KTM :D

Sound advice all, many thanx. It's a proven fact that the penis is exponentially enlarged the louder the pipe. I actually chopped a ktm for the gs. It sounded great but spent so much time being broken it had to go.......

Sound advice all, many thanx. It's a proven fact that the penis is exponentially enlarged the louder the pipe. I actually chopped a ktm for the gs. It sounded great but spent so much time being broken it had to go.......

Classic Nutty to the batphone, can you hear the man.......................:green gri

My mate has a SA1290T that has been back for a headstock loom (broken wires) and a Radiator that leaked (a lot). To answer the OP, look at Giannelli made by Arrow (they are basically rebadged Arrow cans) from ebay. Excellent quality ('cause they are Arrow) and a good price. They look and sound great but do little to sort out the inherent Euro 4 fuelling issues.

Twas a 1290 superduke. The most awesomest and comfiest bike to ride Ive ever owned. Did the ring, B500 and grossglockner trip just before I sold it which has left me with many fond memories of it. However it loved the dealers more than me. Warped discs, starter motor , master cylinder , side stand in 9500 miles.

Was looking at the KTM adventure range but thought Id go for the GS cos my 1150 was so good.

Took my Triumph scrambler to Triumph twin power down in Bournemouth and the fine fellows there did a similar remap like they do at hilltop. Best thing ever

Ill be getting the GS hill topped. Thanks again for all the sound advice.

AllyG

Back
Top Bottom