New Baby

Gregd

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well I’ve done it, chopped the 2015 GS TE in and brought this baby home (in the van) today.....not been that far but lovin it already. Feels so much lighter than the GS which has to be a bonus for us shorts arses:D

Attachments

• 113FEAB9-B78C-44C7-B6C8-87677E2F7045.jpg
    113FEAB9-B78C-44C7-B6C8-87677E2F7045.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 490
I doubt it's any lighter when put on the scales but it'll be a more exciting ride, that's for sure.......

The Extra 35 BHP and lack of power sapping shaft / mid range flat spot also help once moving.

The latest GS feels a bit weedy against my 1090 and pathetic compared to the 1190, going from a GS to a 1290 Adventure is like getting off a ZZR600 and onto a ZZR1400, you just cannot describe the difference to someone who has not felt it.

Greg
Congratulations on new baby
Looks like a nice 1290, Perhaps a little more information.
What influenced your decission to make the change to what is perhaps a same year bike ?
Treated fairly on part exchange by dealer?
etc
Only ask as a current 990 & 1190 owner I do like these so interested to know owners thoughts

Well I’ve done it, chopped the 2015 GS TE in and brought this baby home (in the van) today.....not been that far but lovin it already. Feels so much lighter than the GS which has to be a bonus for us shorts arses:D

Enjoy :beerjug:

Did over 300 miles on my 1290 SAS yesterday - cannot see me going back to a GS any time soon ;)

Greg
Congratulations on new baby
Looks like a nice 1290, Perhaps a little more information.
What influenced your decission to make the change to what is perhaps a same year bike ?
Treated fairly on part exchange by dealer?
etc
Only ask as a current 990 & 1190 owner I do like these so interested to know owners thoughts

Thanks, the main reason was the deal initially. Brand new unregistered bike which was ‘heavily discounted’ from the list price plus £1.3k more on my part ex than was offered by BMW (Honda also offered £1k more), I got a feeling of arrogance from BMW if i’m honest and I’ve never had that before. Once I sat on and rode one I was sold. Was out at 7:30 this morning for a short ride and whilst it is a little taller than the GS (I had a lowering kit fitted) it’s
so much easier to manoeuvre at low speed and is nowhere near as top heavy as the GS which I’m really surprised about. Still runnining in but the engine is far more ‘sprightly’ and whilst I wasn’t pushing it the handling up to now is brilliant.

Congrats....having done a 2k mile trip to the Alps in July this year, I'm smitten :D

£1.3k more on my part ex than was offered by BMW ..... I got a feeling of arrogance from BMW if i’m honest and I’ve never had that before..

Possibly because they're loaded with bikes and with the 1250 coming will only have more...used values will probably drop. Winter coming. Bla Bla.

Arrogance feeling can be one bloke who doesn't like his job. Shame to tar and feather all BMW for that. I've just sold my GSA as it wasn't getting used since the 1290 landed, but I'd do a deal with Cotswold in a heartbeat if they had the right bike. Good guys. Anyone can and will smile at you when you're looking for a new bike - it's the experience after that makes or breaks it for me.

Now....off to Hilltop with you.

Possibly because they're loaded with bikes and with the 1250 coming will only have more...used values will probably drop. Winter coming. Bla Bla.

Arrogance feeling can be one bloke who doesn't like his job. Shame to tar and feather all BMW for that. I've just sold my GSA as it wasn't getting used since the 1290 landed, but I'd do a deal with Cotswold in a heartbeat if they had the right bike. Good guys. Anyone can and will smile at you when you're looking for a new bike - it's the experience after that makes or breaks it for me.

Now....off to Hilltop with you.

Chris, is wasn't the individual that I was dealing with that was arrogant and I wasn't taring BMW in general. However, when the salesman tells you they're are under pressure to sell new bikes and they are giving a good discount on them then they try to take your eyes out on your bike just doesn't make sense to me.

Hilltop????????

Chris, is wasn't the individual that I was dealing with that was arrogant and I wasn't taring BMW in general. However, when the salesman tells you they're are under pressure to sell new bikes and they are giving a good discount on them then they try to take your eyes out on your bike just doesn't make sense to me.

Hilltop????????

It's certainly an old game...make the shiny new one sound too cheap to resist and then pull your legs from under you with the trade-in. It must work as they keep trying it on don't they and the lazy peeps (me) can't be bothered with the pain of selling privately for a few extra buckeroos. Although now I think about it the C600/Multistrada/GSA/990/690/Tmax/Varadero(mistake) all sold either on here or Autotrader so I'm talking tosh. I do regret selling the 990SMT - brilliant bike that but it did force you to wheelie everywhere so perhaps it's just as well :jager. I was done with the rest for various reasons.

Hilltop: Don't ask any questions....Just go, take the KTM and £300 with you and enjoy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7giZGJBSbk

Back
Top Bottom