Silent Bike

dogmaboy

Reaction score
Hi Guys,i was riding my 2018 gs rallye yesterday and slowed down through a small town to 80 kph when the bike became silent.It still had power and would accelerate as normal but was still quiet.If I gave the bike the berries then the normal exhaust sound came back.It did this all the way home,if I sat on 100kph plus it sounded and performed as normal.If I then slowed to 80 kph the bike would become silent again.On the way home I could notice a surging sound through the exhaust but couldn't feel any surging. When i arrived home I took the helmet off to see if I noticed any other noise.It did surge a little more than normal when revving but stationary.The bike also made a few weird noises when I turned the bike off.Any one experienced this before?Any ideas ?I have booked the bike in for a tow Monday to the dealer.Bike has only 2,500 ks. Thanks Dogmaboy

I would savour the experience, its mostly an issue of too noisy,
On a serious note drive by sound emissions have been in focus on new vehicles,,

I suspect most bikes and cars are now engineered to be as quiet as possible at whatever speed the sound emissions test is done at - probably also the reason for flat spots in engine response.

is the exhaust valve working right?.. maybe this thats sticking??

Noise after you turn it off? That's the exhaust flap being closed (or opened, who knows) just before the ECU powers. I've never timed it, but it's 30 secs or more after switching off.

Back
Top Bottom