ICELAND 2019 WEST FJORDS +

Perhaps they have put it in because of us visiting Ísafjörður last July.

He's probably not paid attention and is referring to your orange coolant hoses, rather than your fuel lines.

Silicon coolant hoses I changed for good reason before it's 2nd trip on the TAT, I nearly went for blue ones :D

I was contemplating changing the oil and maybe looking at the air-filter, but then again, shure it'll be grand. No bling on my bike - that's for sure.

Don't be forgetting your bicycle puncture repair kit! Just in case the tubliss decides to go tits up again :rob:D

I think Jo would rather he fitted those Irish pipes in his tyres :D

Tim,

What tyres would you recommend for The July trip? I liked the TKC and I think the Anakees did okay last time. The Karoos look a little road bias to me.

Tim,

What tyres would you recommend for The July trip? I liked the TKC and I think the Anakees did okay last time. The Karoos look a little road bias to me.

Jo i know you asked Tim but I had TKC 80s on last time they are very good but do not last as long but they grip on the road as well, I would hang fire till the battleax AX41s arrive plenty time

Jo i know you asked Tim but I had TKC 80s on last time they are very good but do not last as long but they grip on the road as well, I would hang fire till the battleax AX41s arrive plenty time

I’ve had TKC, Mitas and Anakee on the GS. The AX41 appears to have the same issue as the TKC with the large amount of unprotected saddle.

Well first, the tyres I use will need to do two trips so need to be tough, they will be an off road tyre and of course they have tubes ;)
So for me Dunlop D908 rear and probably Pirelli Scorpion Rally front.

Your choices will differ.
I presume the new 790 has an 18" rear wheel?

You'll be slightly limited in your choices for tubeless but there's quite a few to choose from so I'll come back to you with a few suggestions.

Grip on the road is definately not your priority!! :D

Well first, the tyres I use will need to do two trips so need to be tough, they will be an off road tyre and of course they have tubes ;)
So for me Dunlop D908 rear and probably Pirelli Scorpion Rally front.

Your choices will differ.
I presume the new 790 has an 18" rear wheel?

You'll be slightly limited in your choices for tubeless but there's quite a few to choose from so I'll come back to you with a few suggestions.

Grip on the road is definately not your priority!! :D

Thanks Tim.

Standard bike is 21-inch front and 18-inch rear wheels with Karoo 3 tyres.

Not sure the Karoo digs in as well as the more nobbly off road tyres. Grateful for your steer !

Have you considered the Michelin Anakee Wild? I had them on my R1150GS and found that they lasted much better than the TKCs and were great in Iceland.

I have a pair on the CCM at the moment but will probably take them off for Iceland.

Have you considered the Michelin Anakee Wild? I had them on my R1150GS and found that they lasted much better than the TKCs and were great in Iceland.

I have a pair on the CCM at the moment but will probably take them off for Iceland.

That’s a good recommendation smug ill probably take them off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom