Reboot

rovert57

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My 5 year old pc seems to be taking ages to respond to input and freezing a lot and am unable to run programs like base amp which I have installed . I have done a recovery to a certain date but still the same . I assume it has some viruses on it ,so if I do a factory reboot will this clear the viruses and return to the original settings .

If your doing the restore from the hidden partition there should be an option to format the windows partition before the reinstall,t his will however mean you loose any files and programs you have installed so back up before hand. It may not be a virus sometimes windows and other program updates cause the system to act unresponsive at times and can get it in a muddle.

Id suggest stopping all programs that fire up at windows start and see if that helps diagnose the issue a tad before taking the plunge.Which operating system version are you using?

Which anti virus and other tools do you have installed ,you could try the free version of malwarebytes anti malware for a system clean?

Free 12 months license for Bitdefender Internet Security 2019 https://sharewareonsale.com/s/bitdefender-internet-security-sale

Back
Top Bottom