whats the best email provider for overland travel?

Pauly S

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Im looking to change my travel email provider,i use a special email account abroad that i dont use in the uk, as my uk address gets bombarded with shyte emails.So i opened an account with AOL and dont use it except for travel related stuff, but it was totally useless in Sicily.its a great format but useless in some countries.I cant get on with outlook, it does my head in.I like to use a internet based service in case my laptop gets half inched or drowned.
Your thoughts...

Yahoo mail is another option its fine for internet access from PC or mobile.

They are no more or less secure than any other free email server , if you want security go for a paid service.

They are no more or less secure than any other free email server , if you want security go for a paid service.

Not correct, I'm afraid. Try Protonmail, excellent service and app, fully encrypted and free. They offer a paid service (can send a higher volume of mails, multiple accounts, etc.) but the free service is more than adequate. I've been using it almost since they started and can highly recommend it.

Not correct, I'm afraid. Try Protonmail, excellent service and app, fully encrypted and free. They offer a paid service (can send a higher volume of mails, multiple accounts, etc.) but the free service is more than adequate. I've been using it almost since they started and can highly recommend it.

looks like a good service and laid out well. i just joined it.

as my uk address gets bombarded with shyte emails.So i opened an account with AOL and dont use it except for travel related stuff, but it was totally useless in Sicily.

How an email account won't won't work in a specific country (if you have online access) is beyond my comprehension.
Are you using the webmail I assume?

Yahoo is generally becoming worse and worse after the sale.
Gmail is the way to go, the spam filter is really good (that's what got people on it in the first place).

How an email account won't won't work in a specific country (if you have online access) is beyond my comprehension.
Are you using the webmail I assume?

Yahoo is generally becoming worse and worse after the sale.
Gmail is the way to go, the spam filter is really good (that's what got people on it in the first place).

it was accessed via the hotel wi fi, my talktalk mail address worked fine, but the aol just didnt work,on the same network at the same time. all my car hire docs were on it, and i couldnt access the baskets.Ive just put the proton app on my phone. looks easy and uncomplicated. i like easy..

Im sure the superficial encryption provides some form of end user snake oil but as with all free services there are security issues present

Im sure the superficial encryption provides some form of end user snake oil but as with all free services there are security issues present

ive just put a big hooofusdooofuspasswordonit, that should sort it.If somebody wants to bust into it to find a hotel reservation then good luck.

Far from snake oil and far from superficial! Take a proper look around their website, understand who set the service up and why, and then read reviews from respected commentators. Or go back to Hotmail, Gmail, and Yahoo :=p

Back
Top Bottom