Canbus power source on a 2018 R1200GS

Morph

Reaction score
I'm looking to power a couple of LED running lights. Can anyone tell me how I can connect the LEDs. On my previous 2008 there was a plug just under the headlight.
There seems to be two plugs on the offside upper cowling. Can they be used as a power source.

I'm looking to power a couple of LED running lights. Can anyone tell me how I can connect the LEDs. On my previous 2008 there was a plug just under the headlight.
There seems to be two plugs on the offside upper cowling. Can they be used as a power source.

Easiest and best way in my opinion is a Denali Cansmart, that way you can use the wonder wheel to control the lights.

Simple easy way is to take power from the rear of the accessory socket mounted right side of instrument cluster, it comes on when ign is on & goes off after approx 60 seconds after ign is turned off, no need to fuse as its already controlled by canbus. The power draw will (should) be minimal.
If your electrically gifted you could fit a relay to same circuit. Ebay set up less than £10..

Simple easy way is to take power from the rear of the accessory socket mounted right side of instrument cluster, it comes on when ign is on & goes off after approx 60 seconds after ign is turned off, no need to fuse as its already controlled by canbus. The power draw will (should) be minimal.
If your electrically gifted you could fit a relay to same circuit. Ebay set up less than £10..

If you are going to the trouble of fitting a relay it might be better to run it directly from the battery. That way you wont hit the 5 AMP canbus limit

Back
Top Bottom