next computer job of the day.. password vault

Pauly S

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Know ive sorted the email account with help from the boys on here,anybody recommend a password vault where i can store my passwords in securely, other than a little black book.?

I’ve stuck with e-wallet, which I have on laptop, IPad and Android phone- all sync’d From the laptop.

It seems fairly easy to use and gets good reviews?

LastPass available on everything and even the web if you ever find yourself on a device that isn't yours. Free and works with most 2 factor authentication systems but you don't have to use any. Good idea to though. It also auto fills saved username and passwords in both browser and apps.

What if you forget the password to get in to the password vault to get your passwords ? :nenau :D

Personally don't agree with Password Vaults, single point of weakness / failure and all that

That's what 2 factor authentication is for. If you want to have every site the same password or everything different but Write it down somewhere go right ahead. Safe passwords are long and complex to the point you will never remember them.

other than a little black book.?

With hackers seemingly able to hack anything worth hacking (a password vault would seem a good place to start hacking) a simple black book would appear to be probably the safest place to store them.
Johnny English, in his latest guise, is selected to return to MI7 mainly because he's unhackable due to his digital ignorance.

With hackers seemingly able to hack anything worth hacking (a password vault would seem a good place to start hacking) a simple black book would appear to be probably the safest place to store them.
Johnny English, in his latest guise, is selected to return to MI7 mainly because he's unhackable due to his digital ignorance.

I see where you are coming from. but i wonder do they do a non internet based gizmo which ironically could be password protected to store all your pins etc?

I see where you are coming from. but i wonder do they do a non internet based gizmo which ironically could be password protected to store all your pins etc?

I'm similar to Johnny English, though I do use online banking etc.
My fear would be forgetting the password to a password vault :blast

Change them regularly and use different passwords for each website etc.

Back
Top Bottom