You can worry too much about breaking down....

Apex

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So you have European cover.

However, when you read the small print of the cover it's all a bit of a joke.

What's covered is practically nothing, well... little you might actually need if you break down. You seem to have up to 15 miles transportation to a 'local' garage. So not necessarily a KTM dealer where your warranty will pay for all the repairs - you can guess what the bill might be for a 'local' garbage to 'fix' what's wrong because they know your paddle is down-stream :blast

If a spark plug goes awol, it would probably be best to crash the bike into some armco. That way you get you and your bike back to the uk to a dealer of your choice! Just saying.

If anyone has a 'good' annual policy that is all inclusive do tell. :thumb I somehow doubt that one exists though.

So you have European cover.

However, when you read the small print of the cover it's all a bit of a joke.

What's covered is practically nothing, well... little you might actually need if you break down. You seem to have up to 15 miles transportation to a 'local' garage. So not necessarily a KTM dealer where your warranty will pay for all the repairs - you can guess what the bill might be for a 'local' garbage to 'fix' what's wrong because they know your paddle is down-stream :blast

If a spark plug goes awol, it would probably be best to crash the bike into some armco. That way you get you and your bike back to the uk to a dealer of your choice! Just saying.

If anyone has a 'good' annual policy that is all inclusive do tell. :thumb I somehow doubt that one exists though.

I thought KTM,s where built like tanks, nothing goes wrong.....:nenau

I thought KTM,s where built like tanks, nothing goes wrong.....:nenau

Well the ownership experience hasn't been perfect so far...let's just say that. No breakdowns though.

Not expecting problems, but a decent policy takes it off your mind. If it does let me down i'll be annoyed but I won't start crying. Stuff happens.

BMW do a good one :thumby:

Have to say, I never worried when the GSA went travelling. Something BMW get right, so long as you're in warranty of course.

Having said that, I've just discovered that the 1290 has 'KTM Mobility Service' for Euro cover. Collects bike and takes to dealer. So I'm sorted while it's in warranty.

Happy! :D

Shortest thread ever.

Well the ownership experience hasn't been perfect so far...let's just say that. No breakdowns though.

Not expecting problems, but a decent policy takes it off your mind. If it does let me down i'll be annoyed but I won't start crying. Stuff happens.

Nutty will not be happy, you are supposed to give praise to KTM.........:D however ADAC in Germany is good, not sure if you can get it in the UK.........

MAG breakdown is good value, seems decent cover, and indirectly supports political lobbying for us bikers.

Have to say, I never worried when the GSA went travelling. Something BMW get right, so long as you're in warranty of course.

Having said that, I've just discovered that the 1290 has 'KTM Mobility Service' for Euro cover. Collects bike and takes to dealer. So I'm sorted while it's in warranty.

Happy! :D

Shortest thread ever.

Panic over then. Thought I’d have to buy a 1250 for a minute! :p

Well, once your ktm is out of warranty Di not use RAC breakdown cover as your safety net, unless you want to do all the work yourself after they cock it up over and over !
Also make sure you keep track of ktm dealers along you route!!
DAMHIK

Probably posted before

Attachments

• 9CA27646-287F-458B-9358-D3DB79B1144A.jpeg
    9CA27646-287F-458B-9358-D3DB79B1144A.jpeg
    205.3 KB · Views: 247
Well, once your ktm is out of warranty Di not use RAC breakdown cover as your safety net, unless you want to do all the work yourself after they cock it up over and over !
Also make sure you keep track of ktm dealers along you route!!
DAMHIK

Agreed . RAC are dreadful . Mate had his trip ruined with us this week when his BMW packed up .

Took 3 hours for recovery vehicle to come.It literally was coming from less than a mile away in the end . He was then put in a hotel hours later and then given an 8 seater mini bus as a loan car to drive to Santander!!

It took nearly 24 hours to sort loan ‘car’ !!

His bike won’t be repatriated for another 3 weeks !!!

Just dreadful service !!!!

Agreed . RAC are dreadful . Mate had his trip ruined with us this week when his BMW packed up .

Took 3 hours for recovery vehicle to come.It literally was coming from less than a mile away in the end . He was then put in a hotel hours later and then given an 8 seater mini bus as a loan car to drive to Santander!!

It took nearly 24 hours to sort loan ‘car’ !!

His bike won’t be repatriated for another 3 weeks !!!

Just dreadful service !!!!

I would say that wasn't too bad and pretty normal - if his bike couldn't be fixed
What was wrong with it ?
Have to say I have found CN breakdown very good when I used it and they used local contractors - irreparable rear puncture (no tyre on a Sunday) and they came at 9am and I was home by 1.30pm - Stranraer to North Yorkshire
Excellent service

So to be left on the roadside for 3 hours in rural Spain is acceptable??? Luckily it wasn’t 35 degrees C.
It was a drive failure but they couldn’t even be arsed to take it to a dealer .
Luckily he had a few days riding before this happened .

So to be left on the roadside for 3 hours in rural Spain is acceptable??? Luckily it wasn’t 35 degrees C.
It was a drive failure but they couldn’t even be arsed to take it to a dealer .
Luckily he had a few days riding before this happened .

It happens sadly
I have had similar over the years in car or on bike and also good service
However I did have a blowout on the new M42 smart motorway - lane closed and RAC came literally 5 mins after phoning HQ and wheel changed and on my way in 10 mins
Conversely I have found RAC to be fab on that occasion
Being abroad adds another dimension I guess
Still, he's back home now and not there still

It happens sadly
I have had similar over the years in car or on bike and also good service
However I did have a blowout on the new M42 smart motorway - lane closed and RAC came literally 5 mins after phoning HQ and wheel changed and on my way in 10 mins
Conversely I have found RAC to be fab on that occasion
Being abroad adds another dimension I guess
Still, he's back home now and not there still

He’s not !! He’s still on the ferry 🤪

Never read so much twaddle in all my lives.....What an absolute load of old bullshit.

That's nothing, I've posted way more boring items than this one.

Read the online story of the guy and his seized 690, then comment :D Quite like to avoid an experience like that.

Anyway, as you get to live more than once you probably don't mind the odd breakdown. Ug.

He’s not !! He’s still on the ferry ��

Urgent...major thread swerve.

Pyrenees or Picos/where you've been this week Arsey?

Looking at the density of twisty's the area you've been looks immense compared to the the big 'P'.

Urgent...major thread swerve.

Pyrenees or Picos/where you've been this week Arsey?

Looking at the density of twisty's the area you've been looks immense compared to the the big 'P'.

A bit of Picos but mainly Asturias then down to Chaves in Portugal .

Asturias has empty roads and the highest concentration of bends I’ve ever seen . Utterly stunning!

ef11b1aa2eb28c2af29d1bfdac1e1ba6.png

A bit of Picos but mainly Asturias then down to Chaves in Portugal .

Asturias has empty roads and the highest concentration of bends I’ve ever seen . Utterly stunning!

ef11b1aa2eb28c2af29d1bfdac1e1ba6.png

On my way!

Mate is on his ZX10R which will suit this area better than mountain roads...although with Spanish roads...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom