Discounts offered on 1250 GS

roundincircles

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Usual sales talk of limited release, high demand, blah blah.

But discounts around I suspect.

What are you being offered?

Why would discounts be offered when the new bikes will fly off the shelf for a while?

The dealers want the monthly and quarterly bonus. Bikes are struggling to sell before Christmas and the first quarter. Alternative bikes are taking share........

limited supply high demand you will be lucky to get a free service

I had an email from my dealer asking if I want to buy one. When I mentioned discount, I was told there wouldn’t be any discounts, as they’ve got so many orders, they don’t need to discount the bike. Not that I’m interested in buying one. ;)

Maybe this is why it is so quiet on the forum at the moment - everyone is off talking to their bank manager or failing that their local secondhand kidney dealer, trying to raise the money for the new model! :D

I had an email from my dealer asking if I want to buy one. When I mentioned discount, I was told there wouldn’t be any discounts, as they’ve got so many orders, they don’t need to discount the bike. Not that I’m interested in buying one. ;)

Discounts only given to loyal owners

Don’t ask for a discount, that’s the wrong way to go about it. Go into the dealer (last week, or better, last couple of days of the month), tell them you want to “buy a bike today”, tell them the bike you want, the spec and the price you want to pay (list price minus whatever the usual discount possible on a new BM, 8-10% ???). Say, if you can do that price, you’ll do the deal there and then. If they want the sale, they’ll either say yes or want to try to get close to what you want, or just say no, if they say no, walk.

Don’t waste their time saying you’ll comeback later, they know you’ll probably just go off to another dealer to try and get a better deal than what their offering. If they know your a real buyer, they’ll do the best they can to get your business. I got 8% off on a 1200gs in 2004, at first the salesman said there were no deals, it was a brand new model with lots of interest, but I used the above method and got what I wanted.

If you know anyone else (or several, the more the better) that wants to buy a bike at the same time, go in together and do the deal together with the same salesman, say you both want his best deal on two bikes, no deal, you both walk. I’ve done this many times and it is a great incentive to the salesman to do a deal. Just remember, he/she ain’t your mate, be polite and friendly, but it’s your money he wants, you want the very best deal you can get and he wants to earn a living from your sale.

There may not be anyone interested in giving anything off the 1250 at the moment, if they’re flying out the doors (so to speak), but in the current climate and intermot next week, with lots of announcement on new models, a lot of interest could disappear very quickly.

I’d say best time to get a cheaper price ,would be Bmw end of quarter 4, which I think is end of December. So just before Xmas. Go in tell them the deal you have in mind and see if they can do it for a late December collection

What is most important to the dealer ? The sale date or the supply date ?

Back
Top Bottom