1100gs really high revs on start up since cam chain tensioner change

donkeydoo

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi again, What I thought would be a simple upgrade within my capabilities, seems I may have been wrong.

I carefully removed the left throttle body being really careful not to pull knock and stretch anything and changed the cam chain tensioner, all seemed to go well that is until I started it.

When I press the starter it starts but the revs go straight to about 3000 and seem to start climbing at which point I turn off the ignition scared of it blowing up.

Any ideas of to what I may have cocked up guys.

Thank you so much in advance for any help and advice.

Mark

Thank you Easyrider.

Checked both sides and were seated correctly, but twisted the twist grip a few times and it felt like something in the middle seated itself, I assume the cable splits to go to both throttle bodies could it have come unseated here as it now just started up fine.

Cheers

Mark

Started again and idle seems fine now, smoking a little and a little squeek or suck when I rev it now didn't notice that before I changed the Cam chain tensioner. Will go out for a test ride later and see how it goes.

Cheers again

Mark

Yes, glad you checked the cup that each throttle cable end sits in at the injector. It's called a ferrule, but not only can people nowadays not spell the word, they wouldn't know what it was if they could.

What prolly happened was the Bowdens in the Distributor Box located inaccessibly right above the cylinder pots decided to have a flounce and then calmed down.

Temperamental things, these bikes.

AL in Andalucía

Back
Top Bottom