Gael warning in the Congo

A first encounter in Cabinda, Angola this afternoon after a very long and arduous border crossing
IMG_2217.jpg

Jim is checking out his head am photos so there may be more from the lush Congolese/Cabindan countryside

And of course the police presence...perhaps heightened by the adjacent Congolese crisis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greatly enjoying your continued adventures and eagerly await more posts.

Ride safe guys.

Absolutely.

Just wish I could do such a trip..

Ash: sorry you can’t be here in person but Jim and I feel like you are riding with us!

Today was a day of gathering information about how we will get across the River Congo.

We rode down to the beach this morning
IMG_2227.jpg

I have been/still am a bit trepadacious about how the heavy GS will be lifted on to one of the pirogues.

Ash: sorry you can’t be here in person but Jim and I feel like you are riding with us!

Today was a day of gathering information about how we will get across the River Congo.

View attachment 397374

I have been/still am a bit trepadacious about how the heavy GS will be lifted on to one of the pirogues.

scaffold poles i suspect and four strong locals......

We went off to the military airport to see if we could hitchhike on a military plane and were told there might be one in the morning.

As this couldn’t be relied on we decided to check out the loading prose of the pirogue guys. Our timing was spot on as they were about to load a car!

IMG_2229.jpg
d1ce43ca147a81ed5727593d309c7947.jpg

4bb6027aaa0e0284094bbfdf32226ed9.jpg

f01216edfba249fc94da60e8f89524cd.jpg

Was an interesting day as Simon suggests, with 2 cisits to the beach and one to the airport. We also got SIMs for our phones. While we were looking at the guys loading the car we looked around the bay.

Thefe were fishermen, some standing on the sand bank and casting a net, others in small boats.
2809bb832ba1391496cec8a57b18df89.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

When we were in the morning the ships were being unloaded, mostly soft drinks it seemed. The guys were pretty good at carrying them to the trucks, but not all made it with dropping some.
29375c2e5395bc9547fca1eb48158932.jpg

While on here I should mention the little Suzuki 125. It has been a delight since I got it, once the front wheel had been replaced. There was clearly something wrong with the drum on the original. It carrys my load with ease, and I do bring a lot. The economy is great at around 120MPG. It's not fast but even running in its been up to 50MPH already. It wouldn't be described as an adventure bike but any bike you take on an adventure is an adventure bike. Here it is being loaded before we headed off to the Angolan border.
daf6ace1cbc710465a8b3e04aeefed16.jpg

In other news, whilst the Suzuki continues to delight Jim, the r1150GS was struggling to start a couple of times today and not opening up cleanly, suggestive of some sort of fuelling problem perhaps. (Just to confuse things, there was heavy rain last night and I know the fuel filler cap is not watertight!)

IMG_2216.jpg

So if no military plane leaves tomorrow, may be time to change plugs and maybe even the ECU...

Attachments

• IMG_2196.jpg
    IMG_2196.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 590

View attachment 397374

I am with you in spirit... :angel ;)

As I've said b4 the fantastic trips all you boys & girls post up means us poor buggers that sadly can't make such trips get to share in some way the trip.

Thanks so much for taking the time to post them on here.. :thumb

And the pictures shows us places we would probably never get to see..

Thank goodness for the Internet, especially in far off places that you visit..

:clap :clap :clap

EDIT

Love the car loading pictures..

Looks like you are wheelie set up for an exciting trip ........

Attachments

• 89CCFD0B-C781-4326-9B5A-06C9B4D72850.jpeg
    89CCFD0B-C781-4326-9B5A-06C9B4D72850.jpeg
    134.6 KB · Views: 584
Indeed Kritou....so exciting that today, Sunday, was biker laundry day
IMG_2261.jpg

As the customs are.closed today we cannot get a boat until tomorrow so are forced to endure the hardships of the former Portuguese Congo
9342606D-9035-417D-B47F-8393143BD821.jpg

It wasn't all play today: I changed the main plugs of the GS and with Jim's help we also cleaned up the secondary plugs which were looking a little mucky
IMG_2253.jpg

Any views on what the muckiness indicates?
I had not brought Spares and they are a different size.
IMG_2254.jpg
Jim also got the left indicator working again and I replaced the dipped headlight.

Then it was time to pop over the road for some supplies including bread rolls served by the cheery lasses. Everyone else was buying them by the score or more, so my request for two rolls generated some amusement
IMG_2260.jpg

Surely those plugs haven't been firing anyway near 100%? Plenty threads about checking coil sticks etc.good luck.enjoying the blog.

Back
Top Bottom