Thread: My insurance for once got cheaper!

FatBiker 66 Click here to find out how to Subscribe

My insurance for once got cheaper!

I know some of my fellow Tosser are having crap time with insurance but just don’t believe Insurance gets cheaper having read the various forum threads.

Possibly too good to be true.

OK as you can see from my pic I got my renewal notice. No changes from last year part from bike year older (66plate). Just outside M25 (same address). Class 1 business. Same insurer. Extras etc same. Base insurance was still less.

Been on usual comparison site and other insurers as per Tosser recommendations in threads using the same form. Cheapest I could get was £60 more expensive than renewal. The same insurance as a new customer was £110 more expensive via MCN all same excess and excluding optional extra of legal cover. Bikesure quoted near double my renwal as did Hastings.

Checked original submission form with the one with the renewal. Checked full policy last year and this year policy. All were identical and correct even definitions of Class 1 business.

Rang them and they confirmed identical policy just cheaper this year even waived the renewal fee.

Paid on spot and have confirmation/acceptance.

Am I missing something or Devitt becoming more biker friendly plus hope for fellow tossers getting stiffed by insurance?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Mine has gone down every year for three years now - which led to me not even bothering searching for a better quote.

So maybe they are finally getting wise and realise that customer retention is important.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Many on this site would regard £362:42 to insure their motorbike as a rip-off.

Senior member Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Wapping View Post
    Many on this site would regard £362:42 to insure their motorbike as a rip-off.
    Not a comparison at all but £362.42 is just over twice what I pay for a 3 year old Audi Q3
    Solvitur ambulando

FatBiker 66 Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Wapping I agree and I have to admit if this year's quote would have been the same mad prices as some seen on the forum, you would have seen the bike up for sale. Regardless of new model coming and residuals taking a bath.

I had worse - my old busa was £1907.54p up from £723 at same address four years ago with NCD and no points.

I do not understand how insurance for a 2006 R1200GS is almost the same as for a New 2018 R1200GS All other details are the same.