Rukka Airman reflectors washed off

grantmac

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
after 2 washes the reflective dots and logo have all but washed off. Anyone experience same or know if Rukka can repair / replace these. Just looks pretty shoddy to me especially after only 2 washes. the jacket is almost brand new.

I had the same thing happen after SWMBO washed my Armaxion

Infinity (my supplier) returned it to Rukka, who after 6 weeks, sent the jacket back to me with new reflective dots fitted.

All was fine until after about 6 months of normal use and no washing, the new dots started to flake off so Infinity gave me a new jacket :thumb

Bit late I know, but I'm just in a warranty battle on an Armaxis jacket, with infinity and Tranam over the reflective dots and rear logo washing off at a 30 degree wash and washed inside out.
Tranam say I've washed it too hot, (simply not true). The jacket is nearly 4 years old and this is the first wash I've done, because I was nervous about washing such an expensive jacket.
Tranam have said they'll repair under a gesture of good will, but will take the condition of the jacket into consideration. If its too worn then it will cost £60. I've no issue over the condition of the jacket as it is in excellent condition, but am really angry at the warranty people stating "the only reason the reflective dots come off is due to washing at to high a temperature". I did my Armascope trousers in exactly the same way at 30 degrees and they are fine. The care instructions say 30 - 40 degrees, I did 30 degrees. So much for a premium product and warranty. £1300 for both items. Pointless paying this sort of money when the supposed warranty doesn't help me at all. Left feeling very angry and waiting for infinity to provide returns details.

I had a Rukka flexius jacket for 4 years, washed many times as per instructions...no problem
then after a wash a lot of dots came off and the logo R in the back peeled around the edges
TransAm were useless, citing as above - Wear and tear / incorrect cleaning
Otherwise it was in A1 condition
Eventually Demon Tweeks paid for it to go and be sorted through TranAm

Cut to last year, new Nivala jacket, washed first time absolutely to the instructions and about 20 random reflective dots came off
I contact Motolegends, who were superb, got it sent to them and it went off to Norway to be sorted. Been washed since and no losses

Apparently TransAm said they would do this under warranty as the jacket so new. I told them I've had 3 Rukka Jackets. One hasn't lost anything in 4 years (Forsair)

2 years or 12 months, I can't remember, warranty TransAm give on the decals, but always seem to roll out the you didn't wash it correctly line....fucking muppets

Shame I really like the weather performance of the Rukka kit (Klim doesn't fit me cos I did look after the Flexius saga)

Dots fell off my ARMA S years ago when it was only 6 months old, never bothered doing anything as I had bought the jacket in Germany at half the price of the UK retailers

Not sure if I should take comfort as I'm not the only one who has had issues, or be even more angry that this isn't an isolated case. They obviously produce thousands of such garments with seemingly only a few with these issues. I think I'll remain angry as customer service should be excellent for such a premium product. Sadly my experience so far is nothing like that. I'll let you know how I get on...

I wonder if Rukka’s quality varies with the price of the item. I’ve been using their gear for 30+ years with no real problems. Sixteen months back I bought a cheapo pair of trousers in a Motolegends sale. They didn’t have much use, but I decided to freshen them up. Washed strictly in line with Rukka directions, dots fell off. Informed (surprisingly) by Motolegends “ I have discussed this with our supplier and unfortunately this is normal wear and tear which is not considered warranty”.
Must say it knocked my confidence in future purchases, both from Rukka and Motolegends. I had been thinking of splashing out on the waterproof leather suit they do.
Anybody else have similar recent experience? Cheers.

I wonder if Rukka’s quality varies with the price of the item. I’ve been using their gear for 30+ years with no real problems. Sixteen months back I bought a cheapo pair of trousers in a Motolegends sale. They didn’t have much use, but I decided to freshen them up. Washed strictly in line with Rukka directions, dots fell off. Informed (surprisingly) by Motolegends “ I have discussed this with our supplier and unfortunately this is normal wear and tear which is not considered warranty”.
Must say it knocked my confidence in future purchases, both from Rukka and Motolegends. I had been thinking of splashing out on the waterproof leather suit they do.
Anybody else have similar recent experience? Cheers.

I’ve had three Rukka suits over the last 15 years or so. The same thing happened to all of them eventually…

I have some Finnish made Rukka Goretex gear from 30 years ago
Superb quality
Looks as fresh as the day it was purchased
Like most things the quality isn’t as good

I’ve received another reply from the wholesaler as per:
“Rukka do not replaces decals under warranty simply due to the fact of people washing incorrectly, usually not turning garments inside out etc, the wearing of rucksacks and similar products which abrade the decals but if the garment is under 2 years old , Rukka will do a courtesy replacement of the decals but not as warranty, your pants are under 2 years old, so they are covered”.
I am dismayed by the apparent attitude that we are all incapable of reading and adhering to washing instructions. But I’m taking them up on their offer. On the bright side, this will simplify the decision regarding which retailer and manufacturer to use next time around.
Cheers

Being male and therefore washing my jacket before reading the instructions, I too found my way to this thread. In my case the worse damage was the complete removal of the reflective logo off the back. The jacket is a good few years old now and way out of warranty so DIY was best option. I ordered some 50mm reflective iron on tape (eBay - £2.74) and a sheet of tracing paper (eBay - £1.99). I traced the remains of the logo, cut out the shape and taped it onto 2 lengths of the tape which I'd sellotaped together. I then cut this out, laid it on the jacket and bonded it on using an iron on its lowest heat setting. The result is not perfect as I did rush it a bit but I'm more than happy with the result. Next challenge is to find some replacement dots.

20221017-161233.jpg

20221017-165436.jpg

I’m impressed with Colin’s ironing :thumb

Superb quality

I’m convinced Rukka’s quality dropped after they moved their manufacturing from Finland to China.

Nowadays, I’d rather put my money into British-made clothing (Hideout Hi-Pro or BKS 100SX textiles). It’s better and more protective than today’s Rukka gear.

I loved my (very) old Rukka but when it came time to change, I didn’t trust the reduced quality Rukka seems to suffer from so now have Stadler.

Quality bit of kit.
Standard issue to the German police
Fully repairable
Stadler offer a 10 yr warranty.

Stadler gloves

Regarding Stadler, has anyone tried their gloves? Stadler’s Guard II GTX gloves look impressive on paper.

However, I wonder if Five TFX1 GTX gloves could be even better. Currently, Five’s TFX1 GTX is the only Gore-Tex glove that’s CE level 2.

I’ve seen Five gloves in-store but not Stadler.

Superb quality

My experience is the durability took a massive nosedive after the move to the far east.

Your all obviously incapable of washing correctly :) Just checked my Navigator Jacket which is 7 years old and has been washed lots and all the reflective bits and the R logo are in tact and still look like new. Or maybe the quality of the reflective tape has gone down :)

Regarding Stadler, has anyone tried their gloves? Stadler’s Guard II GTX gloves look impressive on paper.

However, I wonder if Five TFX1 GTX gloves could be even better. Currently, Five’s TFX1 GTX is the only Gore-Tex glove that’s CE level 2.

I’ve seen Five gloves in-store but not Stadler.

i was in the market for gloves and did look at stadler, ML didn't have any and they looked remarkbaly like Held's version

i know that there is not much you can do with glove design but..:augie

anyway went with Richa lobster claw - take some getting used to and its not been very cold of late to test their warmth but they are comfortable and waterproof as i found out today

Back
Top Bottom