SE v LE

red1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all, can someone in the know tell me the differences between the 2017 SE and LE model RT's.
Cheers

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Hi
When I got mine in July 17, the brochure stated that the LE had the following spec in addition to the SE.
Quick shifter for both up & down gear changes.
Hill start assist operated by pulling hard on front brake lever at rest, released by pulling it again or riding off with slightly more revs to overcome the handbrake force.
Headlight pro (option to switch betwween dipped beam daytime lights & circular daytime running lights)
Chrome exhaust.
In my view not worth the extra cost, but bear in mind that dealers generally do not stock SE models as there is much less demand for them new. Stock bikes & those held by BMW central distribution centre tend to be LE models, hence far fewer SE second hand. Dealers tend to pay about £700 more for the LE on part exchange, so if you are thinking about buying an SE, be aware of this & don’t pay a dealer over the odds. A mate of mine held the dealer to ransome over an unsold SE & Got it for around £1000 less than an LE, so for him this was a good buy.

Thanks for that

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Hill Start assist is the best! I use it so often.
Headlight pro - its ok but not life changeing.
Quickshift is amazing if you are in a hurry, otherwise I don't tend to use it.
Keyless ignition - I have it and don't like it.

Hi
Sorry forgot to mention the LE also has an alarm & tire pressure sensors.
Keyless ride is an extra, a waste of money in my view.
I found out on a demo ride when the key fob was inside my thermal liner, which I took off & put in the top box.
Then during the ride I stupidly tried the central locking.
When I stopped, turned engine off could not open the top box to retrieve the fob.
Needed dealer to recover the bike, they were not happ6 as you can imagine.
So, the system is not idiot proof.

Hi
Sorry forgot to mention the LE also has an alarm & tire pressure sensors.
Keyless ride is an extra, a waste of money in my view.
I found out on a demo ride when the key fob was inside my thermal liner, which I took off & put in the top box.
Then during the ride I stupidly tried the central locking.
When I stopped, turned engine off could not open the top box to retrieve the fob.
Needed dealer to recover the bike, they were not happ6 as you can imagine.
So, the system is not idiot proof.

Ive got the LE with the keyless, but i always carry the little plastic key with the decoder in my wallet as a back up through either loss or empty fob battery

Back
Top Bottom