Front brake shudder

If I recall correctly, it was about 2007 when they changed the mounting arrangement of the front disks to reduce brake judder. I think they changed the mounting washer setup for a small spring washer between two flat ones, but can't remember exactly.

What I'm trying to say is, be sure to get the correct setup for your bike as you are around the changeover date. If yours is the older disk mounting arrangement maybe swap to the newer one ?

Interesting. I have no idea what setup I have. Guess I'll give the frame number to whoever come in with a nice price. I've postage to consider so buying here might be the same price.

Come to think of it, it could have been due to brake squeal but something has jogged my memory about the way the front disks were mounted and a change being made.

My front developed a brake judder after getting a new tyre fitted my conclusion was the wheel was probably knocked over as some stage during the tyre change.

I changed the disks all fine had a second tyre fitted a year or so later same thing happened. I now use a different tyre fitter.

Interesting. I can't prove anything but yet, I'm suspicious. A different tyre fitter might be the answer.

Back
Top Bottom