Anybody ordered a new 1250?

The front callipers are made by US brake manufacturer Hayes - who also make callipers for Harley-Davidson. The shots I’ve seen show a Brembo rear calliper. I don’t seem to have any issues with the radial Brembo callipers on my GS or RS, so can only assume it’s a cost-saving measure (It does say that Hayes want to be the number 1 motorcycle brake company in the world on their website, so maybe they undercut Brembo!)

The brakes on my GS were bloody fantastic, so I hope the cost cutting doesn’t compromise on performance.

The front callipers are made by US brake manufacturer Hayes - who also make callipers for Harley-Davidson. The shots I’ve seen show a Brembo rear calliper. I don’t seem to have any issues with the radial Brembo callipers on my GS or RS, so can only assume it’s a cost-saving measure (It does say that Hayes want to be the number 1 motorcycle brake company in the world on their website, so maybe they undercut Brembo!)

Harley brakes are the best in the world for stopping at 30MPH...........:hippy

Rallye ordered for March delivery. Have RT wheels waiting to be powder coated.

Just waiting to see one in the flesh before deciding wheel colour!

Was thinking the same. i think gold RT wheels would look great.

So they’re not at dealers this weekend then?

I hope you’re joking.

No I am afraid not , Had my name on the waiting list to test ride ,was told the wkd of oct 5/6, but had an email on 2nd oct ...bike not in yet and ....they are not sure when , dealer blaming BMW

No I am afraid not , Had my name on the waiting list to test ride ,was told the wkd of oct 5/6, but had an email on 2nd oct ...bike not in yet and ....they are not sure when , dealer blaming BMW

Is that just your dealer, or has BMW put the launch back, like they did with the 850 a few weeks ago?

Is that just your dealer, or has BMW put the launch back, like they did with the 850 a few weeks ago?

not 100 pc sure but williams and Bowkers won't have the bike ,can't speak for you lads DARN SARF ...

email from dealer yesterday .....Think its a BMW issue so won't be at ANY dealers

Good Afternoon!

The wait is almost over! We’re as excited about the BMW R 1250 GS as much as you are, so fear not! You will be the first to receive advance notice of our launch event and priority access to test ride the new model, as soon as we have had our confirmation of its arrival.

Not long to wait, we will be in touch soon! ��

Many thanks,

Lauren

Lauren Grigg | CRM Controller | lauren.grigg@bowkermotorgroup.com | 01772 767337 |
www.bowkermotorrad.com
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
LinkedIn
Bowker Motorrad, Customs Way, Preston, Lancashire, PR2 2UW | 01772 767300 | www.bowkermotorrad.com

Dealer has just text to say the launch is next Saturday, 13th. I hope that’s not an omen! :eek::D

Service intervals

Quick question? Services intervals the same on the new 1250?

Had no ABS on my bike at the time, however I thought BMW had ABS way before Harley...........:nenau

If you read my post, I didn't say Harley had ABS before BMW, I said that the Harley system once they sorted out them coming on too early, was far more advanced than the BMW system, and was recognised as the best ABS system around.

If you read my post, I didn't say Harley had ABS before BMW, I said that the Harley system once they sorted out them coming on too early, was far more advanced than the BMW system, and was recognised as the best ABS system around.

Have a drink casbar....chill

Really??

BMW Dealer in Wolverhampton postponed test rides on 1250 two days ago as no bikes available...

BMW Dealer in Wolverhampton postponed test rides on 1250 two days ago as no bikes available...

I’m sure I saw an email saying the launch would be on the 6th. Or did I imagine that?

MSL love it :D Not enough for me to change my 2017 GSA but will probably buy one in 2 years time :beerjug:

Attachments

• IMG_0453.jpg
    IMG_0453.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 737

Back
Top Bottom