Anybody ordered a new 1250?

The front callipers are made by US brake manufacturer Hayes - who also make callipers for Harley-Davidson. The shots I’ve seen show a Brembo rear calliper. I don’t seem to have any issues with the radial Brembo callipers on my GS or RS, so can only assume it’s a cost-saving measure (It does say that Hayes want to be the number 1 motorcycle brake company in the world on their website, so maybe they undercut Brembo!)

Quote MCN:

The bike comes with dual 305mm disc brakes at front and a single 276mm disc brake at the rear, coupled up with the ABS. Four-piston Brembo monobloc front calipers are top of the line kit delivering massive power and control.

not 100 pc sure but williams and Bowkers won't have the bike ,can't speak for you lads DARN SARF ...

email from dealer yesterday .....Think its a BMW issue so won't be at ANY dealers

Good Afternoon!

The wait is almost over! We’re as excited about the BMW R 1250 GS as much as you are, so fear not! You will be the first to receive advance notice of our launch event and priority access to test ride the new model, as soon as we have had our confirmation of its arrival.

Not long to wait, we will be in touch soon! ��

Many thanks,

Lauren

Lauren Grigg | CRM Controller | lauren.grigg@bowkermotorgroup.com | 01772 767337 |
www.bowkermotorrad.com
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
LinkedIn
Bowker Motorrad, Customs Way, Preston, Lancashire, PR2 2UW | 01772 767300 | www.bowkermotorrad.com

They’re still tightening the spokes as we speak!

I’m sure I saw an email saying the launch would be on the 6th. Or did I imagine that?

No .....original dealers testing day was 6th....that was sorted three weeks ago...no idea what the delay is .will be good if available for 13th.

Quote MCN:

The bike comes with dual 305mm disc brakes at front and a single 276mm disc brake at the rear, coupled up with the ABS. Four-piston Brembo monobloc front calipers are top of the line kit delivering massive power and control.

Nope. They’re made by Hayes, not Brembo. That’s why they’re branded “BMW”. And do you really trust what MCN says?

MSL love it :D Not enough for me to change my 2017 GSA but will probably buy one in 2 years time :beerjug:

That review reads like a BMW press release. Most of the tech mentioned was already present on the last GS. The only changes are the new engine, a tweak to the braking system to avoid accidental throttle usage and some kind of tweak to Hill Start Control. And banging on about the nice TFT screen (which has been available and has been a no-cost option for the last year) as if it is a new feature just adds up to poor journalism. There was a review of the previous Rallye done a few months ago where it wasn’t one of their normal reviewers, and it was much more accurate and critical - such as the pointless off-road ability!

Test ride next weekend I hope , my bike now back to standard as I will be ordering one , pity the winters coming but may get enough rides to run it in ready for next year.
Decided to trade in now as mines 2 yrs old now , well thrashed and time for a change and if I do it now I should get the best part ex on the TB but with 3 years warranty it can winter in the garage , win win really.

Where are you getting a demo from next week ?
Cotswold launch on 13th but no demo on the day:blast

I hope Benhams Wolverhampton , if they get one in . Even so , I think I will take the plunge as nothing else out there for me ...Test rode all types and still the BM is the best (for me) and the new one will be better than my current 16 plate . Been advised if I order I may get one in November

Just got invite for launch on 13 th from Lind.
Launch in morning and BBQ and test rides all day afterwards

They’re still tightening the spokes as we speak!
Also trying to sort out the fueling issues and the clunky gearbox that have been problems since the 1150 twin spark era 16 years ago, as well as the rust issues, but hey, lets forget all that and launch another "upgrade" which will bring further flaws for our customers to deal with by using third party companies....

Also trying to sort out the fueling issues and the clunky gearbox that have been problems since the 1150 twin spark era 16 years ago, as well as the rust issues, but hey, lets forget all that and launch another "upgrade" which will bring further flaws for our customers to deal with by using third party companies....

Hey Classic Stalker, where you been??

I’m sure I read some where the fueling is now on par with a well set race bike FYI you may be confused with the rough fueling on a Jaffa bike lol

For those that like that sort of thing there are a lot of £250 personal plates on dvla starting GS12S0 or RT12SO

If you don't like personal plates then don't look of course.

Back
Top Bottom