Anybody ordered a new 1250?

Thanks really appreciate that - I may hold out for engine bars. Hope you are pleased with ya ride when it comes :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark and Dave, I see you both have the TE HP1250, does it come with the small screen, or does the it have the larger screen off the Standard and Exclusive models?

Mark and Dave, I see you both have the TE HP1250, does it come with the small screen, or does the it have the larger screen off the Standard and Exclusive models?

Hi fella :) yes the HP1250 (or at least the one I have and possibly Dave`s too) comes with the `standard` screen which, I`m presuming, is the same screen as the `standard` & Excl 1250GS has? For sure there is a smaller `Rallye` screen (I`ve seen it!) which comes as standard on the other model variants?

I`ve had a very quick look at the documentation and I think the screen comes as part of a package, something to do with `pillion passenger comfort`?? - which, btw also includes the removal of the `standard` bench seat which is replaced with the normal two piece seat (which I also have).

I really hope I haven`t confused the issue for you, I`ve only wanted to help!

Hi, I pick up a 1250 Rallye TE on Saturday which will be my 8th GS (and probably my last as I age ever older). Apparently the difference in the screens etc are that the Rallye comes as standard with a small screen and one piece seat and no centre stand. The Rallye TE comes as standard with a "Passenger Kit" which includes the twin seats, normal height screen and centre stand. Obviously you can add or subtract any or all the items but I think they would have to be factory fitted options and so put some delay on getting the bike. Me, I'm glad to have the passenger kit on the TE as there is little chance of taking it off road.

Hi, I pick up a 1250 Rallye TE on Saturday which will be my 8th GS (and probably my last as I age ever older). Apparently the difference in the screens etc are that the Rallye comes as standard with a small screen and one piece seat and no centre stand. The Rallye TE comes as standard with a "Passenger Kit" which includes the twin seats, normal height screen and centre stand. Obviously you can add or subtract any or all the items but I think they would have to be factory fitted options and so put some delay on getting the bike. Me, I'm glad to have the passenger kit on the TE as there is little chance of taking it off road.

Much much better put than the b*llocks I came up with fella :) thanks. i`m 57 with an F800GSA in the corner for when I`m too old to handle the big 1250`s!

Took new 1250GS TE for a test ride the other day and have to say I was impressed. So impressed I bought one!. Did about 100 miles on test bike on North York moors so a good mixture of roads getting there etc. The gear box was the big improvement. Currently have a 1200GS TE 2015 with shift assist and although it's good in 3\4\5\6 gears it does still have it's moments of not wanting to change and you have to have a second stab at it. Not a problem you may think, but if you are going fast into a corner and try to change down and it does it the split second delay leaves you going too fast into the corner. The new bike is so much slicker and lighter on the gear change whether you are using the quick shift or not, goes into 1st gear without the big clonk of my current bike. Later 1200's may better than my 15plate but I don't know. Quick shifter on 1250 works like it always should have done on 1200GS. Even works better in 1st to 2nd\3rd changes which old bike struggled with. May be partly due to shift cam technology smoothing lower engine pulses out??. Whatever , it's better anyway. Also found the power at low revs noticeably better, I tried going as slow as I could in 6th and it was quite happy plodding at 30mph with about 1000rpm on the clock (Have to add this was on level ground and obviously not up hill!). When I opened the throttle at 30mph in 6th it also didn't hang about at picking the revs up and going all the way up to high speeds. The extra 10bhp is noticeable when you open it up but the main advantage is the smooth power all the way up the rev range. Old bike used to occasionally try to catch me out on steep hairpins (and I mean steep like 1 in 3) it would nearly bog down in 2nd if if you weren't careful and keep the revs well up. New bike seems much stronger at low revs. which I suppose is what shiftcam thingy is supposed to do. Only thing I couldn't suss out on new bike was resetting the trip, I could get to the trip reading but holding the button like on the older model didn;t zero it. Dealer said you have to go into the full TFT menu to do it?? . Minor point but seems a retrograde step as always reset after filling up and don;t want to fart about going through TFT menus to just reset the trip :) . may be an easier way to do it??. Only other problem is I can't insure it yet because BMW aren't issuing the codes to the databases insurance companies use until the 20th Oct. and BMW don't do the free 5 days insurance any more. Hastings direct tried to do it and got in touch with underwriters but can't do it. Someone mentioned it was the Thatcham approval of the 1250 GS that was needed for insurance.

Quite like the Exclusive colours.
First 1250 I've seen.This guy was very impressed with his,and a perfect day for a ride round Wales.

Attachments

• IMG_2276.jpg
    IMG_2276.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 387
I got the SOS free as they couldn’t do me one without

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Same here. Although they wouldn’t discount the bike, I’ll be looking for a discount on the Acrapovic when it’s available around February and a set of cases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quite like the Exclusive colours.
First 1250 I've seen.This guy was very impressed with his,and a perfect day for a ride round Wales.

Nice to meet you today , the ride got better and better did around 300 but got a bit dark later ( lights are brilliant) , can't fault the new bike , better than the trade in . Im going to write a summary of what I have found but need to do one more ride out , but so far well impressed .
As some have said , night and day , but can only run around 5000 rpm but shit me its good , cant wait to strangle the bugger just need to change the run in tyres.

Nice to meet you today , the ride got better and better did around 300 but got a bit dark later ( lights are brilliant) , can't fault the new bike , better than the trade in . Im going to write a summary of what I have found but need to do one more ride out , but so far well impressed .
As some have said , night and day , but can only run around 5000 rpm but shit me its good , cant wait to strangle the bugger just need to change the run in tyres.

Why have they stuck silver wheel weights onto black wheels? :blast

I am going to wait for the 1300 which is coming out next year

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Sorry I didn't recognise you:blast and I had been to your house to try a pair of boots on a few months ago.
You had a good day then,at that rate you will be having the 1st service next week!

Sorry I didn't recognise you:blast and I had been to your house to try a pair of boots on a few months ago.
You had a good day then,at that rate you will be having the 1st service next week!

Me to , I knew your face but could not think where , I have had all my hair cut off recently .

Why have they stuck silver wheel weights onto black wheels? :blast

Nutty , they are my spare set of wheels from the TB as I managed to get my new bike quicker but not with the cross spoke wheels , so the dealer took off the new cast wheels , put mine on and will give me the cross spokes when the new bike arrives next month or so along with the comfort seats. When the local shop fitted the old tyres on to these rims they had run out of black weights . Well spotted tho Hawkeye

Nutty , they are my spare set of wheels from the TB as I managed to get my new bike quicker but not with the cross spoke wheels , so the dealer took off the new cast wheels , put mine on and will give me the cross spokes when the new bike arrives next month or so along with the comfort seats. When the local shop fitted the old tyres on to these rims they had run out of black weights . Well spotted tho Hawkeye

Ah, ok. The local tyre fitter needs to be reprimanded severely.

Hi, me I'm 69 and thought the F750GS would be for me. How wrong can you be, Tried the 1250, pick it up tomorrow. The weight is an issue as I struggle to get it on the centre stand but the side stand is ok. The 750 is a nice bike but a GS it ain't as far as I'm concerned. Expensive mistake but I will be much happier with the 1250.

Hi, me I'm 69 and thought the F750GS would be for me. How wrong can you be, Tried the 1250, pick it up tomorrow. The weight is an issue as I struggle to get it on the centre stand but the side stand is ok. The 750 is a nice bike but a GS it ain't as far as I'm concerned. Expensive mistake but I will be much happier with the 1250.

Try one of the Wuderrrlich handles for the frame by the rear footpeg , works really well.

Back
Top Bottom