Thinking of buying G/S X

Desert Sled

If it’s still on the short list....I would recommend it. Easy bike to live with, good off road and for touring. Not great on motorways, same as any other naked bike.

Attachments

• 388CFCB7-E5A1-415A-B528-BF777F85E204.jpg
    388CFCB7-E5A1-415A-B528-BF777F85E204.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 496
Mmm, just realised something today that might throw a spanner in the works with the boxer beemer. If I take the bike instead of the car I either have to move the car or squeeze past it on the drive. Now that is going to become a right pain if I have to move it, especially as I have to put it back so my wife can get her car out! My other bikes have always been OK to get past but none have had great big cylinders sticking out of the side! I've measured up and I've got a gap of about 30 inches at engine height - so the question now is how wide is the 1200 lump?!

I suppose I could try it out on the test ride but the nearest dealer is 40 miles away so I doubt they will let me have it that long. Would be a good way to see how (un)comfortable the seat is though!

If your back is as bad as you say it is , bar risers will make fuck all difference to this bike !

That’s why it would need decent suspension and lower footpegs. Or was yours really that bad, that even those mods can’t salvage it?

He's not talking about the Racer :rolleyes:

61ec8c910c40744305d3824e25e8eb6a.png

Well what is he talking about then as that reply was under a photo of the £3500 discount just on a Racer......

I didn’t have the Racer !
Lol
I wouldn't have a Racer either!
I've done almost 1000 miles on the Urban during the last week... I find the seat and ergo's just fine.
I plan to upgrade the suspension to make it a better road bike though.
For reference, I'm an average 5'10" and a but under 13st.

Clearly the Urban isn't as comfortable as a proper GS... But that's not what they are about!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

The deal at N Oxford ended in Sept. They have two Urbans left and will honour the deal till sold . A mate might be buying one today.

Compared to the Triumph or Ducati the BMW R9T is in a completely different league...I mean the BMW's engine is much more powerful and torquey !
I'm a tall guy and after 1000 or so miles the R9T will feel as comfortable as any regular GS because the seating position is just right and the bike is light and very manageable in all situations where a bike like a regular or ADV GS can become a little heavy.
And that with the stock seat.On top of that Wunderlich has a line of single,single and passenger,dual bench comfort seadts that a inch taller.
Hepco-Becker makes now Journey plastic hardbags or XCeed aluminum bags for the R9T.All that is missing is a practical centerstand otherwise great & very fun to ride motorcycles.A perfect combinastion between old feel and modern performance...:thumby:
On tip ride the Urban in comparison with the Pure and original R Nine T and you will feel a big difference in handling.The light 17 inch tubeless cast front wheel makes the Pure much quicker steering than the 19 inch front Urban...But this is a mood point as they are all great bikes especially with the current deals around...!
In 2020 with EU-5 it will be all over...:( No more great sound and probably 20 hp less....f@ck the EU !

Did he buy one?

Not heard as I’m in KL now . I’ll text him .

They had two left at N Oxford.
The standard bike was £8800 and the one with the alarm etc was £9400.

Ignore the yank bollox above. For me and at least one other on here the Urban was the most uncomfortable I’ve ever ridden.

I'm 5'11" and around 15 stone and have never had an issue with comfort on the Urban. I fitted a set of bar risers, adjusted the bars back slightly and it's good to go. My previous 9T (classic) was uncomfortable bu that's cause i fecked it up with clip on bars etc. Looked cool though..

Back
Top Bottom