Unplugged connector identification

Spazny

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new here with a brand new (to me at least) 2010 GSA Anniversary edition.
I have an unconnected connector (just dangling there...) in the front of the bike, looking down just below the spedometer cluster. There's a lot of wires going left and right and then this connector.

Can anyone id what this is and should it be connected to something? Probably unrelated but my heated grips are not working, could this be the cause?

(sorry about the blur, it's dark down in the garage)
uJ5MF6S.jpg

Thank you both! I guess I'll have to troubleshoot the heated grips then.

It might be worth wrapping it up in self-amalgamating tape to keep dirt and water out.

At end of summer there won't be any salt on the roads so there's minimal rot promoting sludge all over it. Using it infrequently from the spring is where the damage happens as the roads are still quite salty.

Bikes stored over winter suffer far more with blown alternators than bikes that are used regularly. If you must store it over winter, you should do the job right and have the tank off to treat the alternator, ABS and all hidden areas with water repellant corrosion inhibitors. You can also check the timing cover and engine top paint is not flaking. The worst damage happens hidden away under the plastic covers.

XCP gets the best reviews -

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesoci...-xcp-rust-blocker-corrosion-protectant-review

Back
Top Bottom