Installing a new throttle position sensor.

stratblue

genoQian
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My very own recording studio! (South Wales).
Hi All.

I'm installing a new TPS and the mechanical swap out looks simple enough, are there any extra ceremonies or rituals I need to perform? Does it need to be 'registered' or something with the bike?

Thanks.

Just a simple TPS reset procedure:

Ignition on, wait for self-test to finish, do not start engine.
Slowly roll throttle fully shut to fully open to fully shut again. Repeat three times.
Turn off ignition.

TPS is now calibrated to ECU, next time bike is used it will be correct.

Just a simple TPS reset procedure:

Ignition on, wait for self-test to finish, do not start engine.
Slowly roll throttle fully shut to fully open to fully shut again. Repeat three times.
Turn off ignition.

TPS is now calibrated to ECU, next time bike is used it will be correct.

Thanks for that - just replaced mine and did not know to do that!

When I fitted my replacement tps It needed a throttle balance. I didn’t do the throttle open / shut three times thing though. The throttle balance may have been needed as I had been making adjustments that could have been compensation for one side of the tps being iffy.

Thanks for that - just replaced mine and did not know to do that!

You don't have to do it, the bike will do it itself as you ride it - the TPS simply informs the motronic unit the position of the throttle from closed to fully open.

You don't have to do it, the bike will do it itself as you ride it - the TPS simply informs the motronic unit the position of the throttle from closed to fully open.

Cheers - good to know, at east it’s only a 2 min job so I did it today. Hoping the new TPS stops the random stalling!

Back
Top Bottom