1250 brake calipers

But pretty obvious though ;)

About as accurate as Warlords thread on the perfect corrosion assessment when he chooses his and his mates GSA (that had happened to have gone through an additional winter) to determine which corrosion prevention method is best.

Back to this. I suspect both bikes could lock their front wheels? In which case any variables will be down to tyres, ABS and road surface - oh, and the rider's speed in pulling the brake lever?

Were the tests carried out with same pads?

Reason I ask - is that people love to ‘upgrade’ to Brembo ‘emulsion’ calipers and think/brag that they have superior braking, whereas stock brake calipers (modular) are equal on the roads.

On sportsbike forums they love spending £600+ on those calipers. I can stand my R-1 on its nose using stock calipers - with two fingers on the brake lever...............

They are kidding themselves.

About as accurate as Warlords thread on the perfect corrosion assessment when he chooses his and his mates GSA (that had happened to have gone through an additional winter) to determine which corrosion prevention method is best.

Back to this. I suspect both bikes could lock their front wheels? In which case any variables will be down to tyres, ABS and road surface - oh, and the rider's speed in pulling the brake lever?

Dunno, but after owning a handful of LC GS’s, then riding the 1250, the brakes didn’t feel as good, to me. Don’t get me wrong, they’re still very good, just not as good.

Dunno, but after owning a handful of LC GS’s, then riding the 1250, the brakes didn’t feel as good, to me. Don’t get me wrong, they’re still very good, just not as good.

Thank you for contributing to our poll:

On a scale of one to ten - how would you rate our brakes?
(Where 1 = shite, and 10 = ace)
On a scale of one to ten- would you disagree or agree - that the new brakes are better than the old ones?
(Where 1 = strongly disagree, and 10 = strongly agree)

Your opinion matters to us. :D

Now that’s strange at the dealer launch today and the new R1250 R uses Brembo callipers on the front still

Wonder why?? Lighter bike perhaps? Found a crate of them in the corner?

Asked the salesman who had just been away on the BMW launch and he hadn’t noticed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom