Top box

astrro

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Thought I’d give this set up ago,
Miss not having anywhere to carry/store anything.

Attachments

• 6419A19C-E918-4A3A-AD0E-27B4FDD813D6.jpg
    6419A19C-E918-4A3A-AD0E-27B4FDD813D6.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 552
  • 616D40D2-BAF0-4BD8-9D1E-ABCD078B98B1.jpg
    616D40D2-BAF0-4BD8-9D1E-ABCD078B98B1.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 524
  • 5B99BB98-0051-4DB4-B04B-B224F15A782A.jpg
    5B99BB98-0051-4DB4-B04B-B224F15A782A.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 531
Really pleased with the seat, was thinking about changing the rear shock, but I think I’ll live with it for now as there’s a bit more padding/ hight.

Really pleased with the seat, was thinking about changing the rear shock, but I think I’ll live with it for now as there’s a bit more padding/ hight.
I’m going along the same lines for the same reason. Remind me please who recovered the seat for you. I think you said plus 2” from the high seat level.

I’m going along the same lines for the same reason. Remind me please who recovered the seat for you. I think you said plus 2” from the high seat level.
Yep raised by two inches and it a copy of the Wunderlich one.
Tony Archer in Huddersfield did it, and it was only £120.
But I did drop it off and picked it up as I was working near by.

I like the pie box, which pelicase / clone did you use and how did you mount it mate?

I’ve got a similar rack in my Turban so could do with pie storage

Hepco-Becker has some real top=boxes in plastic or aluminum you can fit 2 helmets in...

Pie Box

Pie Box Mounted to the base of what was the seat hump.

Attachments

• 2018-10-13 16.05.02.jpg
    2018-10-13 16.05.02.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 381
Pie Box

On the base. Sorry about the photo but you get the idea.

Attachments

• 2018-10-13 18.16.20.jpg
    2018-10-13 18.16.20.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 409
Looks like a Holan top box and rack to me...fine polish engineering...;)
But what is a top-box good for if you can't fit a helmet ?
I would fit a HepcoBecker Xceed or Xplorer that are 40-45 liters and fit a helmet !

I had a similar idea for occasional long distance touring and camping trips,,on my classic R9T,
kept the givi trekker alloy 42 litre top box off my gs, , fitted the Hepco becker mini rack frame, with an universal monokey plate,
Still able to use Sw motech blaze panniers with or without the box,
The rack frame is rated 5kg but the gs alloy plate was only 6 and faired well so giving it a go,
struggle to post photos on here sorry,,

Just because plug ugly huge monster top boxes are manufactured it doesn't mean you have to compromise the looks and handling of your bike by being daft enought to fit one.

Looks like a Holan top box and rack to me...fine polish engineering...;)
But what is a top-box good for if you can't fit a helmet ?
I would fit a HepcoBecker Xceed or Xplorer that are 40-45 liters and fit a helmet !

I didn’t want a large box on the back of my urban as I think it looks out of place.
I use mine for carrying a chain to chain my helmet to the bike if needed, and other security items to help stop it getting stole when I leave it parked up.

Fair point re the top box, the bike looks better luggage free, preferably with seat hump on mine,,,, most of the time it will be that way,
But a big pile of bags etc bungeed on the back isn't any better for an occasional long trip, somewhere to secure stuff securely comes in handy,
Not quite got away from the functional look of a gs yet,,, anyway its behind me when riding and i don't give toss whether it meets someone else expectations,
The pelicase and seat box look ok to me,

hi astrro, I was looking at that site for the Peli box, do you remember which model it was so I can see the dimensions? The size looks about right on the bike. And is that the H&B mini rack? thanks.

hi astrro, I was looking at that site for the Peli box, do you remember which model it was so I can see the dimensions? The size looks about right on the bike. And is that the H&B mini rack? thanks.

Hi I’m away at the moment, I’ll have a look tonight when I get back to the hotel. Or you might have to wait till I’m next home.

Back
Top Bottom