Clutchless Shifting

Ive too much mechanical sympathy to do clutchless gear changes,deffo dont want to crunch the gears,so i just use the clutch.no bother.The gs is a tractor.

The shaft drive Yamaha was smoother on clutchless upshifts than it was with the clutch. It ALWAYS clunked when done with the clutch. The BMW is happy when using the clutch. TBH I'm more likely to crash the gears when going clutchless. ;)

Lol,

I cant even get the gear lever to move without using the clutch .. :)

so i guess thats a no from me ;)

Lol,

I cant even get the gear lever to move without using the clutch .. :)

so i guess thats a no from me ;)

The theory -
Going UP - Gently preload the gear-lever upwards. Dip the throttle momentarily and the gear will snick through.
Going Down - On a closed throttle engine overrun, gently preload the gear-lever downwards, then open the throttle momentarily and the gear will go in.

The reality -
Upshifts are ok but until you forget about neutral and get a horrible crunch.

Downshifts on mine are especially tricky as even slight pedal pressure bangs the next gear in. It feels abusive, so I mismatch the clutch/throttle and then it goes in neatly with the raised engine revs. How often are we on overrun and need a lower gear? Im usually swapping down to get better acceleration so the revs blip is quicker and smoother.

For upshifting, it is merely a requirement to unload the gearbox...........

Downshifting - is not recommended (to my mind, anyway)

I only use it when I'm really going for it WOT... I not only find clutchless upshifts faster but also much safer as you don't unbalance the bike. Running around normally, I just use the clutch.

Cheers,
Rami

Had another go today

1st -2nd no way hose lol

2nd -3rd 3rd-4th 4th-5th -5th-6th were all obtainable but only if making progress so to speak

under normal riding conditons it was horribly clunky

Going down through the box was just as abd as going up, will need to revist that way lol

Practice my young padawan,

do not use the force.
Had another go today

1st -2nd no way hose lol

2nd -3rd 3rd-4th 4th-5th -5th-6th were all obtainable but only if making progress so to speak

under normal riding conditons it was horribly clunky

Going down through the box was just as abd as going up, will need to revist that way lol

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom