Throttle potentiometer failure?

zei220

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone else having problems with their bike throwing a check light and going into limp home mode? I had a failure of the throttle potentiometer in June and it seems to have failed again today.

I had a failure of the throttle pedometer [sic] in June and it seems to have failed again today.

One step at a time....? :D I suspect you mean throttle potentiometer, yes....? nenau

Bike has been repaired now ( thank you North Oxford Motorrad). The problem proved to be the potentiometer but no root cause was found.

Think mine gsa has a similar issue four times in the last two days it has dropped into limp home mode whilst riding , warning lights on dash and bike dies .
Switch off the ignition and restart and it has power but feels rough, then five or ten miles later does exactly the same thing.
Bike is not running right and feels off, problem is that the first two times it happened were at 80mph in lane three of an Autobahn and the third occasion doing an overtake on an Austrian dual carriageway. Fourth time I stopped and bike was only running on the left hand cylinder
Tomorrow heading to our hotel about140 miles away for ten days which is 5 miles from a main dealer, as it is not getting better we will see how the Insured warranty performs when I ring them on Monday.
2018 model r1200gsa with 12,900 miles and full bmw fish, has only done 1200 iles since it's last service:

Back
Top Bottom